What happens to my case if I move out of Texas?

DivorceSince you have lifetime medical benefits for the injuries that have been deemed accepted by the insurance carrier, you can pick up treatment wherever you move. You would need to locate a doctor that is willing to treat you for your workers’ compensation claim. Once you find a doctor, you would simply provide them with the insurance carrier’s information: Adjuster’s name, phone, fax, and claim number, so that they can submit their bills accordingly.

Of course, this is easier said than done, since it’s already hard enough to find doctor’s in Texas that will handle a workers’ compensation claim. It significantly helps if there are no disputes on your claim, which might make out-of-state doctors more apprehensive in becoming your treating physician. It’s also very important to make sure that all the injuries have been documented and accepted prior to moving if at all possible.

If there are disputes pending, or you are in the process of fighting to get your case accepted and for reasons out of your control you must move in order to be closer to your support group, you would be able to attend any hearings by phone. You would not be expected to return to Texas for your hearings. It would definitely be in your best interest to have an attorney be involved to assist you in these matters, especially when your money benefits or medical treatment can easily be disrupted by the insurance carrier during your move. Please call us today so you can understand your rights, and what to expect in this very trying time of your life.

Contact Us

To set up a free initial consultation, contact us online or call us at 844-402-2992. For your convenience, we answer our phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will meet with you evenings or weekends upon request.