I Got Hurt…Is It ‘No Big Deal’?

Workers' CompensationIf you have been injured on the job, whether you feel it is minor or you want to work through it to see if it gets better…No matter what, you should always report your incident to your employer. Even if you don’t think you need to see a doctor about it.

Many times I have spoken to people that hurt themselves, thought it was minor, and proceeded to try to work days or weeks to see if it would improve on its own and not say anything.

Ultimately it is your responsibility to notify your employer if you have been injured on the job within 30 days of knowing about your injury. Unless you are a doctor, you do not know, and will not know how bad or how minor an injury is or how it may evolve as time progresses.

I will always tell my clients or any potential clients that no matter how minor that they believe their injury is they should always report it to their employer. Even if your job doesn’t make you fill out an injury or incident report, you should provide something in writing to them with the date and a brief description of what happened and submit it to your employer and always keep a copy.

Contact Us

To set up a free initial consultation, contact us online or call us at 844-402-2992. For your convenience, we answer our phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will meet with you evenings or weekends upon request.