Mike Handy – Personal Injury Lawyer
Mr. Handy has handled thousands of cases in many areas of personal injury law, including automobile liability, product liability, construction negligence, railroad liability, medical malpractice, and other professional liability cases.
Mr. Handy’s practice focuses on:
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
Law Board Certifications
- Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Lincoln, Nebraska, December 29, 1950
Admitted to Bar
- 1979, Texas and U.S. District Court – Northern and Western Districts of Texas.
Selected to Texas Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters Business) 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,
2006, 2004, and 2003
- University of Nebraska
- University of Texas at Arlington (B.A., 1974; M.A., 1976)
- Baylor University (J.D., cum laude, 1979). Phi Delta Theta.
- Notes and comments editor, Baylor Law Review, 1978-1979.
- Contributing Editor, The Brief, Practice Tips Section, 1981.
- Author, “Workers’ Compensation Third Party Actions and the Statute of Limitations,” Baylor Law Review, 1978
- “Handling Social Security Disability claims,” The Brief, Vol. 10, No. 4
- “Bad Faith in First Party Insurance Cases,” Advanced Civil Trial Course, 1986.
- Navigating the maze of Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage,
Advanced Insurance Seminar (1995-2001)
- Tarrant County and American (Member, Board of Directors, 1990-1992) Bar Associations
- State Bar of Texas (Member, District 7a Grievance Committee, 1984-1987; Chairman, 1986-1987; Member, Administration of Justice, 1987-1990
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Fellow: Texas Bar Foundation. Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. (Board Certified: Personal Injury and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization).
- Charter Fellow – Tarrant County Bar Foundation