Experienced Texas Amusement-Park-Injury Attorneys
Roller-Coaster Injuries | Water-Ride Injuries | Serious and Catastrophic Injury | Whiplash and Neck Injury | Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injury
One of America’s most popular pastimes—a trip to the amusement park—can also be one of the most dangerous. The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that approximately 30,000 people are hurt every year at one of the nation’s amusement or theme parks, and the injuries can be serious, with dozens of reported deaths each year.
If you or someone you love suffers injury at a theme or amusement park, you want a proven attorney to protect your rights, someone who has successfully helped others recover compensation in similar situations. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Aggressive Attorneys Handling Amusement-Park-Injury Claims in Texas and Nationwide
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices across the Lone Star State, we have fought for the rights of personal injury victims for more than 40 years, including adults and children who hurt because of the carelessness or negligence by amusement park operators. We have a hard-earned reputation for consistently getting positive results for our clients. In our four decades in practice, we have recovered more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements in personal injury claims. For a free initial consultation, send us an e-mail or call our offices at 844-402-2992 to schedule an appointment.
Aggressive Advocacy for Amusement-Park-Injury Victims
At Bailey & Galyen, we are committed to ensuring that every client receives the highest level of personal service and attention. We know the importance of communication and strive to be available and accessible when you need answers to your questions. We’ll take the time to help you understand the law, the process, and your rights, so that you know what to expect throughout the process. We keep you involved and informed at all times, promptly notifying you of all developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so that you can make informed decisions that are in your best interests.
Frequently Asked Questions About Amusement-Park-Injury Claims
What Should I Do Immediately After an Amusement Park Accident?
- Your first priority should always be your safety and health. In most instances, the best thing you can do is stay right where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive. If you choose to get up and move under your own power, you should immediately go to the hospital, an urgent care facility or your personal physician. Don’t stay at the park—the longer you wait to get medical care, the greater the risk that your injuries will be aggravated and any legal claim will be compromised. Be sure to tell doctors and nurses about anything that feels different, and ask them to document everything in writing.
- Your next step—contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will take immediate action to preserve all physical evidence, obtain witness statements, and file any documents required to protect your rights. In addition, your attorney can be your liaison with insurers, so you get the benefits you need and deserve.
- Whenever possible, take time at the scene of the accident to gather information. Get contact information for anyone involved in the accident and any witnesses. Take pictures of everything, using your cellphone camera, if necessary—the ride where you were hurt, your injuries, and anything else related to the incident.
What Are Common Causes of Amusement Park Injuries?
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that amusement park injuries typically result from four factors:
- A mechanical breakdown or failure on a ride—This may stem from poor construction or assembly, improper maintenance, or a manufacturing defect.
- Mistakes by amusement park personnel operating the ride—A ride operator may be careless or may lack the experience or training to safely handle the ride.
- Failure by park visitors to follow ride instructions—Park employees may allow passengers to ignore seat belts or other safety requirements.
- Careless, negligent, or faulty design of a ride—The design of some rides is so problematic as to include inevitable hazards.
What Types of Damages Can I Get After an Amusement Park Injury?
When you’re hurt at an amusement park because of someone else’s wrongful conduct, you have the right to ask for compensation for all your losses, including:
- Physical pain or suffering
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Lost wages, salary, or other income
- Loss of enjoyment of life—your inability to do things you could previously do that brought you joy, meaning, or happiness
- Unreimbursed medical bills
What Types of Injuries Are Common in Amusement Park Accidents?
Many of the injuries frequently sustained in amusement park mishaps are serious and potentially catastrophic, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) or whiplash-like injuries from rides that toss your head or neck back and forth
- Lacerations, fractures, and injuries to connective tissue (muscles, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage) from rapid stops or impact, or from being ejected from a ride
- Head, neck, and back injuries from rides that toss you back and forth
- Aneurysm or stroke from trauma to ligaments or neck muscles
- Hypoxia (lack of oxygen) or drowning in water rides
There’s also a risk of wrongful death in an amusement park accident— approximately 50 people die every year in these types of calamities.
What Can Bailey and Galyen Do for Me After an Amusement Park Accident?
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of hands-on personal injury experience. We know the complexities involved in amusement-parkinjury claims and how to effectively prepare your case to maximize your recovery.We understand the types of evidence that are most compelling in court, and we know when you need an expert witness to clearly explain liability and loss. We’ve successfully handled personal injury claims across Texas and in other jurisdictions, so we know how different courts treat these claims. We have a strong sense of the value of an amusement park claim, so we know when it’s in your best interests to pursue a settlement.
Contact Our Offices for Experienced Representation After an Amusement Park Accident
When you or someone you love is hurt at an amusement park, you want an experienced lawyer at your side. Bailey & Galyen has the experience, knowledge, skill, and resources to help maximize your recovery. To schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We handle all amusement-park-injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in amusement park accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.