Experienced Texas Burn-Injury Attorney
House Fires | Scalding Injuries | Motor Vehicle Fires | Dangerous and Flammable Products | Heat Burns | Steam Burns | Electrical Burns | Chemical Burns
According to the American Burn Association, nearly 100,000 people seek medical care every year because of burn injuries, with about one of every ten of those requiring hospitalization. Most burn injuries happen in the home—about 75%—and children and people with disabilities account for one in every four hospital visits for burns. Though survival rates are good—about 97% for those treated at burn centers—injuries suffered in a burn accident can last a lifetime, producing significant scarring and long-term disabilities.
The sad truth? Many burn injuries are the result of avoidable negligence. If you or someone you love suffers any type of burn injury because of the wrongful actions of another person, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen can help you get full and fair compensation for your losses.
Proven Personal Injury Lawyers Handling Burn-Injury Claims
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with locations across the Lone Star State, we bring more than 40 years of hands-on experience in personal injury to people across Texas. One of the premier consumer law firms in the state, we have a solid reputation for consistently getting positive results for our clients. In our years in practice, we have recovered more than $500 million in personal injury verdicts and settlements.
Bailey & Galyen—Trusted Attorneys to Litigate Your Burn-Injury Claim
We have long distinguished our practice with our singular focus on client needs. We devote 100% of our efforts to helping you get the outcome you want, providing the highest levels of personal service and attention.
We’ve built our practice on hard work, trust, and communication. We take the time to carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights. We immediately notify you of any developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so you can make the right choices for your future and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions About Burn-Injury Claims
What Should I Do If I Suffer a Burn Injury?
- The medical attention you receive immediately after a burn injury is critical. Go to a hospital, urgent care facility, or doctor’s office as soon as possible, traveling by ambulance, if necessary. The longer you wait, the greater the risk your injuries will be aggravated and your legal rights will be compromised. Tell medical professionals exactly what happened and what parts of your body are potential injured. Make certain they document everything in writing.
- Hire an experienced burn-injury attorney as soon as you can. Burn injuries are distinctly different from other types of personal injury, so you want someone who has handled them before, who knows all the potential consequences. Your lawyer will move quickly to preserve any physical evidence and get statements from potential witnesses. Your attorney can also be your advocate with insurance providers, helping you get the benefits you need and deserve.
- If you can, get contact information from other parties or witnesses at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of everything, including your injuries and evidence of the fire or other cause of your burns.
What Are Common Types of Burn Injuries?
At Bailey & Galyen, we provide comprehensive legal counsel to people who suffer injuries from:
- Thermal burns—These types of burns occur when you touch something hot.
The most common thermal burn injuries come from:
- Fires or open flames;
- Hot objects, such as grills, griddles, pans, engines, and appliances; and
- Hot liquid or steam.
- Chemical burns—Chemical burns are caused by exposure to a chemical irritant, such as chlorine, ammonia, battery acid, bleach, or harsh cleansing agent.
- Electrical burns—Exposure to unprotected electrical current can damage internal and external tissue.
- Friction burns—A friction burn happens when your skin makes repeated contact with an unlubricated surface. Most friction burns happen when a body part is dragged along a surface, but some repetitive motions also can cause friction burns.
What Compensation Can I Expect to Recover After a Burn Injury?
As with any personal injury, you have a right to seek reimbursement for all your losses, including:
- Lost wages or income
- Unreimbursed medical expenses, including the costs of reconstructive or plastic surgery, rehab or physical therapy, and any ongoing pain medication
- Loss of companionship or consortium—the inability to be in close company with others or to have intimate relationships
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the inability to do the ordinary activities of daily life or engage in recreational or other activities that brought you joy or fulfillment before the accident
- Physical pain and suffering
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help with My Burn-Injury Claim?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented injured people across Texas for more than four decades, handling many serious and catastrophic injury claims. We understand the complex nature of a burn-injury case and how best to prepare your claim to maximize your recovery. We know the types of evidence that are most compelling to a judge and jury and when it’s beneficial to bring in expert witnesses. We can use our skill, knowledge, experience, and resources to help you get full and fair compensation for your losses.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Results-Oriented Representation After a Burn Injury
When you or someone you love suffers a burn injury, you want an experienced lawyer to help you maximize your recovery. At Bailey & Galyen, we offer a free initial consultation to anyone with a potential personal injury claim. We take all burn injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, charging attorney fees only if we recover benefits for you.
We offer proven counsel in burn-injury claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.