Proven Texas Construction-Site-Accident Attorneys
Falls from Heights | Falling Objects | Dangerous and Defective Products | Construction Site Motor Vehicle Accidents | Negligent Hiring, Training, and Supervision | Electrocutions and Electrical Injuries
When you take a job on a residential or commercial construction site, you know that it’s one of the more dangerous occupations in the world. But that doesn’t excuse owners, contractors, and others from taking reasonable steps to minimize the risk of injury, such as installing safety devices and implementing safety procedures. Unfortunately, in the drive to maximize profits on construction projects, safety often takes a back seat and workers suffer.
If you or someone you love is hurt in any type of accident on a residential or commercial construction project, you want an experienced, knowledgeable and skilled personal injury lawyer to protect your rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Results-Oriented Construction-Site-Injury Lawyers in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we have provided comprehensive counsel to victims of personal injury in Texas for more than four decades, including injured construction workers. We’re one of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, and we have a long record of getting positive results for many of our clients. Over the past 40 years, we have obtained personal injury verdicts and settlements in excess of $500 million.
At Bailey & Galyen, we’ve built our practice on unwavering commitment to effective communication and unmatched customer service. We know the uncertainty that a personal injury can bring, and the stress and anxiety you can feel when you’re unable to work or in need of extensive medical treatment. We work hard to be available when you have questions or concerns and to respond to all your calls, text messages, and e-mails as quickly as possible.
We will help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so that you know where you stand. We’ll let you know immediately when there are developments in your case and how they affect your options and likelihood of success, so you can make good decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction-Site-Accident Claims
What Should I Do Right After a Construction Site Accident?
- Your initial attention should always be on your medical needs. In many instances, the best thing to do is stay where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive. Defer to their expertise, but seek medical care as soon as possible, whether at an ER, urgent care facility, or doctor’s office. The longer you delay medical treatment, the greater the risk of complications, and the greater the chances your legal claims will be affected.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Your lawyer will quickly gather and preserve all critical evidence and get witness statements. Your attorney can also be an intermediary with insurance companies, helping you get the benefits you need.
- If you can do so without putting yourself at further risk, get contact information from anyone present at the time of the accident. In addition, use your cellphone camera to take pictures of everything, from the scene of the accident to the extent of your injuries.
What Damages Can I Expect to Recover After a Construction Site Accident?
After a workplace injury, you have a right to seek workers’ compensation benefits, which cover lost wages, as well as reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the accident. If your injuries are caused, in whole or in part, by someone other than your employer or a co-employee, you can also file a civil lawsuit for:
- Any lost wages or income not covered by workers’ comp
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in the normal activities of daily life and do things you enjoyed doing before the accident
What Types of Construction-Site-Accident Claims Does Bailey & Galyen Take?
At Bailey & Galyen, we handle a wide range of construction-related injury claims, including:
- Injuries sustained in falls from heights
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Injuries caused by dangerous or defective products on a construction site
- Injuries caused by exposure to live electrical current
- Injuries suffered in construction site motor vehicle accidents
- Injuries caused because of carelessness in hiring, training, or supervising other workers on a construction site
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Construction Site Injury?
Over the last 40+ years, we have successfully represented personal injury victims in courts throughout Texas, including construction workers hurt on the job. We have the skill, knowledge, experience, and resources to handle complex and challenging personal injury claims, and we know how to effectively prepare these cases to maximize recovery. We understand the types of evidence that are most persuasive, as well as the different ways judges and juries across the state view personal injury claims. We can quickly assess the value of your case and help you make good decisions about whether to accept a settlement offer. We also know when to bring in expert witness testimony, and we have a network of professionals we use to help present the strongest case for your full financial recovery.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Dedicated Construction-Site-Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one suffers needless injury in a construction site accident, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all construction-project-injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in construction-site-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.