Texas Construction-Site Motor-Vehicle-Accident Attorneys
Work-Related Automobile Accidents | Truck and Heavy Equipment Collisions
According to ConstructConnect, thousands of construction workers are injured in work-related motor vehicle accidents every year. Those accidents take all forms, including roadway collisions, collisions with temporary or permanent structures on a job site, jackknifes, and rollovers. Because many construction-site motor vehicle accidents involve large trucks or heavy equipment, the collisions that occur, and the injuries caused, tend to be serious, catastrophic, or even fatal.
If you or a loved one is hurt in a car, truck, or other motor vehicle accident on a construction site, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Texas Construction-Site Motor-Vehicle-Accident Lawyers
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with locations throughout the Lone Star State, we offer more than 40 years of experience to anyone who suffers a personal injury, including people hurt in motor vehicle wrecks on construction sites. Long recognized as one of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we are proud of our record of obtaining positive results for our clients. Over the past four decades, we have secured more than $500 million in judgments and settlements for our clients.
Full-Service Legal Representation After a Work-Related Car Crash
At Bailey & Galyen, we have built our practice and reputation on a commitment to always give 100% of our efforts to every case we take. We understand the stress and anxiety that come with the uncertainty caused by a personal injury. We work hard to be available and accessible when you need answers to your questions. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll keep you up to date on all developments in your case, helping you understand your options and chances of success, so you can make the right decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Site Motor Vehicle Accidents
What Should I Do Right If I’m Hurt in a Car Wreck on a Construction Project?
- Your first priority, after any motor vehicle accident, is to get the medical attention you need. In most instances, provided you’ll be safe, the best thing to do is stay right where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive. They’ll know better whether you can move under your own power or should be taken to the hospital by ambulance. If you can get up and leave unassisted, you should go immediately to the ER, an urgent care facility, or your personal physician to have a thorough examination. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that your injuries will get worse, and the more likely your legal rights will be negatively affected.
- Once you’re treated by a qualified medical professional, hire an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will know how to effectively preserve all evidence to support your claim, as well as what documents need to be filed. Your attorney can also be your advocate with insurance companies.
- If possible, gather as much information as you can at the scene of the accident, including names and contact information from anyone else involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses. Take pictures of anything related to the accident (your cell phone camera is fine), including your injuries, any damage to the vehicle, the location of the accident, and road and weather conditions.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover If I’m Hurt in a Construction Site Motor Vehicle Accident?
When you’re injured on the job, workers’ compensation benefits are almost always available, providing compensation for lost wages, as well as reasonable and necessary medical expenses. In addition, if an at-fault party is someone other than your employer or a coworker, you can also file a lawsuit in civil court (simultaneously with your workers’ comp claim), asking for damages additional damages:
- Lost wages and income
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in pursuits that have brought meaning and satisfaction to your life
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Property damage not covered by insurance
What Are My Options If the At-Fault Party Has Little or No Insurance?
At Bailey & Galyen, we know how to find other potentially responsible parties when the person causing the accident either has no insurance or inadequate insurance:
- We can look to your own insurance policy, if you have coverage for uninsured or under insured motorists.
- We can bring legal action against the person or establishment where the alcohol was served, if your accident is caused by a drunk driver.
- We can name the product designer or manufacturer as a defendant, if you’re hurt by a negligently designed or manufactured item.
- We can sue the person or agency responsible for maintaining the roads, if the accident is caused by a defect in the roads or signage.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Construction Site Motor Vehicle Collision?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to men and women across Texas who are hurt in any type of accident. Because of our extensive experience, we know how to effectively prepare a case to maximize your recovery. We understand the types of evidence that are most effective with juries and when to bring in an expert, such as an accident reconstruction specialist, to explain liability and loss. We also have a good sense of the value of motor vehicle accident claims, so we can help you determine whether it’s in your best interests to accept a settlement offer.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Construction-Site Motor-Vehicle-Wreck Lawyer
When you or someone you love is hurt in a car or truck accident on a residential or commercial construction project, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all construction-site-injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in construction-site motor-vehicle-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.