Texas Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Birth-Injury Claims | Surgical Errors | Anesthesia Mistakes | Misdiagnosis and Failure to Diagnose | Emergency Room Errors
When you seek medical attention for an injury or illness, you expect, at a minimum, that your condition won’t deteriorate because of carelessness or negligence by medical personnel. But it happens. As the focus of medicine continues to move from patient care to profitability, more and more hospitals and urgent care facilities provide more and more services with smaller staffs. Overworked doctors and nurses make mistakes and people suffer needless injury. If you or a loved one is a victim of medical negligence or malpractice, Bailey & Galyen can help.
Aggressive Medical Negligence Lawyers in Texas and Nationwide
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with locations across the Lone Star State, we have fought for the rights of personal injury victims for more than 40 years. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we have a hard-earned reputation for getting positive results. Over the last four decades, we have collected judgments and settlements in excess of $500 million for our personal injury clients.
The hallmark of our practice has always been our 100% commitment to meeting the needs of our clients. We firmly believe that our success comes from hard work and effective communication. We’ll take the time to listen carefully and learn the details of your case, as well as what you’ve lost. We’ll help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights and options, and we’ll immediately apprise you of any changes or developments in your case so you can make informed decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice Claims
What Kinds of Medical Malpractice Claims Does Bailey & Galyen Litigate?
We handle all types of claims involving medical negligence or carelessness, including:
- Birth-injury claims, from cerebral palsy and other hypoxia injuries to brachial plexus (Erb’s palsy) and shoulder dystocia injuries caused by forceps or vacuum errors. We also take cases involving head or brain injury, spinal cord trauma, and clavicle fractures.
- Surgical errors, including operating on the wrong body part, performing the wrong surgery, leaving surgical tools in a body cavity, or operating on the wrong patient
- Anesthesia errors, such as failing to properly intubate, failing to determine potential allergies, incorrect dosages, and failing to monitor patients under anesthesia
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, from failing to run necessary tests to carelessness in reading or interpreting test results
- Emergency room errors, such as misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, delayed treatment, improper discharge, and performing procedures without proper qualifications
What Should I Do If I’m a Victim of Medical Malpractice?
When you suspect that you’ve been injured because of medical carelessness, your first priority should still be getting the best medical care possible. Find a medical professional you trust, and defer to their knowledge and expertise. The longer you wait to get treatment, the greater the risk of complications, and the greater the chance that your medical malpractice claim will be negatively affected.
Once you receive appropriate care, immediately hire an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. Your attorney will know exactly what needs to be done to preserve both physical evidence and eyewitness testimony. Your lawyer can also be your voice with insurance providers.
As soon as you suspect something has gone wrong, either start taking your own notes or ask a friend or family member to do so for you. Things may happen quickly,and weeks or months later, you might not remember exactly what happened. Give yourself a written record to help trigger your memory.
What Types of Damages Are Available in Medical Malpractice Claims?
If you or a loved one is hurt because of mistakes by a doctor or nurse, you have a right to compensation for your losses, including:
- Lost wages, salary, or income
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, meaning, or fulfillment, or to partake in life’s simple pleasures
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Physical pain and suffering
If your loved one dies because of medical malpractice, you have the right to recover:
- All financial support they would have provided you
- Loss of companionship, consortium, guidance, nurturing, and affection as a result of the accidental death
- Any unpaid or unreimbursed medical expenses your loved one incurred as a result of the accident
- Loss of any services your loved one would have provided in your household, such as childcare, housekeeping, cooking, and home maintenance
- Funeral and burial expenses
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me with a Medical Malpractice Claim?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented thousands of personal injury victims over the past four decades, including victims of medical malpractice. We understand the unique challenges involved in medical negligence cases, and we know how to work closely with expert witnesses to prepare and present the clearest and strongest arguments for your full financial recovery. We can quickly determine the potential value of your case, so we know when it’s in your best interests to accept a proposed settlement or take your claims to trial.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Experienced Medical Malpractice Counsel
When you or someone you love suffers needless injury because of the wrongful acts of a medical professional, you want experienced and aggressive attorneys to help you protect your rights. At Bailey & Galyen, we have the skills, knowledge, experience, and resources to help maximize your recovery.
To schedule an appointment, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. There is no cost or obligation for your first visit. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We handle all medical malpractice claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in medical negligence claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.