Proven Medical Malpractice Lawyers—Texas and Nationwide
Anesthesia Errors | Wrong Dosages | Allergic Reactions | Failure to Monitor | Failure to Conduct Proper Work-Up | Improper Intubation | Failure to Administer Oxygen
Though the vast majority of surgical procedures requiring anesthesia are completed without incident, when there are problems, the injuries can be serious. According to the Journal of Healthcare Risk Management, about one in five victims of anesthesia error die as a result. Many experience hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) injuries that can lead to organ damage or heart attack.
If you or someone you love suffers an injury because of an anesthesia mistake, you want experienced and aggressive attorneys to fight for you rights. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Experienced Anesthesia Mistake Attorneys
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to personal injury victims in the Lone Star State and across the country, including people who suffer any type of injury or loss because of mistakes by anesthesiologists. We are known and respected by clients and other lawyers for our record of consistently obtaining positive results. Since the inception of our firm, we have recovered more than $500 million in judgments and settlements in personal injury matters
At Bailey & Galyen, we know that any personal injury can be life-changing, making it difficult or impossible to work or do the things you love and often resulting in considerable medical expenses not covered by insurance. We’ll listen carefully in order to learn the impact the anesthesia error has had on your life. We’ll carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll make certain you know immediately of any developments in your case. We’ll help you assess your options and make good decisions that are in your best interests.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anesthesia Errors
What Should I Do If I Suffer an Injury or Loss Because of an Anesthesia Mistake?
- Your first concern in the aftermath of an anesthesia error should be to get the medical treatment you need to ensure maximum health. Notify your doctor and other medical professionals of everything that seems out of the ordinary. Make certain all your concerns, as well as all medical assessments, are documented in writing.
- Once you’ve received necessary medical care, hire an experienced medical malpractice attorney, someone who understands the challenges and
complexities of medical lawsuits. Your lawyer will take immediate steps to preserve all physical evidence and get witness statements from those involved. Your attorney can also help you secure benefits from insurance companies.
What Are the Most Common Types of Anesthesia Errors?
Anesthesia errors most commonly result from:
- Lack of communication within the surgical team
- Failure to conduct a proper work-up to determine potential allergies or identify problems in prior anesthesia
- Failure to monitor a patient under anesthesia
- Failure to ensure that a patient under anesthesia is getting adequate oxygen
- Administering the wrong dosage, either through lack of attention or failure to accurately determine body weight or other factors
What Losses Can I Recover After an Anesthesia Mistake?
If you suffer injury because of an anesthesia error, you can seek compensation for all losses, including:
- Wages, income, or salary
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, fulfillment, or pleasure
- Any unpaid medical expenses
If your loved one dies because of an anesthesia mistake, you have the right to pursue compensation for:
- Loss of the support they would have provided
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance, instruction, and affection
- Loss of services the deceased would have provided, such as cooking and cleaning, childcare, lawn maintenance, and home repair
- Funeral and burial costs
- Any unpaid medical expenses related to the medical procedure involving the anesthesia error
Why Should I Hire Bailey & Galyen If I Suffer Loss Because of an Anesthesia Error?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented personal injury victims throughout Texas for more than 40 years, including people who suffer loss because of an anesthesia mistake. We know the unique aspects of medical malpractice claims and how to best prepare those cases to maximize your financial recovery. We know when to bring in expert witnesses, including medical professionals and financial-projection specialists, to explain liability and loss to a jury. We also understand how different courts and juries across Texas view personal injury claims, as well as what evidence is most compelling in court.
Contact the Experienced Anesthesia-Error Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen
When you or a loved one is hurt because of negligence in the use of anesthesia, you want proven legal counsel to help you get full and fair compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all anesthesia lawsuits on a contingency-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer effective counsel in anesthesia-error claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.