Texas Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Emergency Room Errors | Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose | Delayed Treatment | Improper Discharge | Performing Procedures Without Proper Qualifications
In a busy emergency room, decisions must be made quickly. Unfortunately, that often leads to mistakes. Doctors make incorrect diagnoses and perform unnecessary procedures. Medical professionals too often try to do things they’re not qualified to do. They may simply fail to conduct a proper workup, perhaps giving a patient medication known to cause them an allergic reaction. Sometimes, in the confusion, patients face unnecessary delays, leading to serious consequences.
If you or a loved one seeks emergency room care only to have your condition worsen because of negligence by medical personnel, you want aggressive and experienced lawyers to protect your rights. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Aggressive Advocacy After an Emergency Room Error
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than four decades of experience to men and women throughout Texas who are injured by the wrongful conduct of medical professionals, including victims of emergency room errors. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we have a longstanding reputation for getting positive results for our clients. Over the past 40 years, we have recovered more than $500 million in settlements and verdicts for our personal injury clients.
Full-Service Representation When You’re Injured Because of Carelessness in an ER
At Bailey & Galyen, we always provide the highest levels of personal service and attention to our clients. We understand that a personal injury claim can be confusing and intimidating, and we take the time to carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights. We promptly inform you of all developments in your case and make certain you understand your options, as well as your prospects for success, so you can make good choices about how to proceed. We strive to be available and accessible when you have questions or concerns, and we respond to all calls, e-mails, and text messages as quickly as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions about Emergency Room Errors
What Should I Do If My Medical Condition Is Aggravated by Careless Treatment in the ER?
- As a general rule, when you suffer any type of injury, your first course of action should be to get the medical care you need. That can be a bit challenging, though, when the medical care is the source of your injury or loss. Nonetheless, your health remains paramount. Insist that medical professionals do their job, and ask for a new doctor or nurse, if possible. Make certain everything is documented in writing.
- Hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible. If you cannot do so because of your medical condition, ask a friend or family member to do so for you. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner evidence can be preserved, and the sooner witness statements can be obtained. Your attorney can also be your liaison with insurance providers, so that you get the benefits you need and deserve.
- If possible, get the names of all medical personnel and contact information for any potential witnesses. If someone is with you, ask them to document everything they witness in writing, and ask them to take pictures of anything related to the ER error.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After an Emergency Room Error?
When you suffer loss because of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses, including:
- Lost income or wages
- Medical bills not paid for by insurance
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the inability to engage in pursuits that have brought meaning and satisfaction to your life, or to participate in the normal activities of daily life
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
What Are Common Types of Emergency Room Errors?
ER medical personnel often fail to exercise reasonable care when treating patients:
- They may fail to conduct appropriate medical tests, may not be sufficiently familiar with symptoms of an injury or illness, or may misdiagnose or fail to diagnose a serious condition.
- If ER personnel fail to recognize the symptoms of a particular injury or illness, they may discharge you, even though you have a condition that requires immediate care.
- ERs often face staff shortages, causing significant delays that can result in serious consequences.
- ER doctors and nurses may attempt procedures to treat medical conditions for which they lack training or qualifications.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Protect My Rights After an Emergency Room Error?
At Bailey & Galyen, because of our four decades of experience handling a wide range of personal injury claims across Texas, we know how to prepare a personal injury claim to maximize your recovery. We also understand the different ways that courts throughout Texas make decisions regarding personal injury claims. We recognize the types of evidence that are most compelling to a jury, and we know when to bring in experts to support your claim.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Strong Counsel After an ER Error
When you or someone you love suffers needlessly because mistakes were made in a hospital emergency room, the proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen have the experience, skill, knowledge, and resources to help you get compensation for your losses.
For a free initial consultation, or to schedule an appointment, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We handle all personal injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in emergency-room-error claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.