Proven Construction-Site-Injury Lawyers
Negligent Hiring, Training, or Supervision of Construction Site Workers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nearly 200,000 construction workers report an injury on the job every year. Data from the Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) indicates that as many as one in every four construction site injuries goes unreported. Many of the most serious injuries occur when construction workers make mistakes, either because they lack the requisite skills to do the job, haven’t been properly trained, or aren’t monitored to ensure compliance with safety protocols.
If you or someone you love is hurt on a construction site because of negligence in hiring, training, or supervising co-workers, you want an experienced and aggressive lawyer to protect your rights. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Results-Oriented Construction-Site-Injury Attorneys
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices across the state of Texas, we bring more than four decades of experience to personal injury victims throughout the Lone Star State, including construction workers hurt because of carelessness in the hiring, training, or monitoring of other employees. Long considered one of the premier consumer law firms in Texas, we have a well-earned reputation for consistently getting good results for our clients. Over the last 40 years, we have collected more than $500 million in settlements and judgments for our personal injury clients.
Results-Oriented Legal Counsel When You’re Hurt in a Construction Site Accident
We’ve built our successful practice and reputation by always giving 100% of our efforts to help clients get full and fair compensation. We understand the impact a personal injury can have on every aspect of your life. We take time to listen closely so that we learn what happened and what you need to get your life back. We carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we immediately apprise you of any developments in your case, along with your options and prospects for success, so you can make good decisions about how to move forward.
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Site Injuries
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt on a Construction Site Because a Co-Worker Lacked the Skill, Experience, or Training to Safely Do the Job?
- Anytime you suffer injury because of someone else’s carelessness, the first thing you need to do is get the medical treatment you need. If your construction site injury is serious, or if you have trauma to your head, neck, spinal cord, or legs, the best thing to do is stay right where you are. Wait until emergency medical personnel arrive and defer to their knowledge and expertise. They will know best whether you should try to move under your own power. Regardless, seek medical treatment immediately, whether at a hospital, urgent care facility, or doctor’s office. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that your injuries will get worse and your legal claims will be negatively affected.
- Once you’ve had the medical attention you need, hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will take prompt action to safeguard all physical evidence to support your claim and to get witness statements from all essential parties. Your lawyer can also be your advocate with insurance providers.
- If possible, get contact information from those involved in the accident as well as any witnesses, or ask someone else to do that. Also, take pictures of everything related to the accident, including the location, your injuries, and any equipment or machinery involved.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After a Construction Site Injury?
In most instances, when you’re hurt on a construction site, you have the right to seek benefits through your state workers’ compensation system. Workers’ comp benefits cover lost income or wages, as well as all reasonable and necessary medical expenses arising out of the accident. In limited situations, however, you may also be able to file a civil lawsuit for damages for the following:
- Lost salary, wages, or other income
- Loss of the ability to do the things you love (loss of enjoyment of life)
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Any medical expenses not covered by insurance
How Can Negligence in Hiring, Training, or Monitoring Lead to a Construction Site Injury?
Construction sites are among the most dangerous places in the world, with specialized equipment, tools, and machinery, often used at elevations significantly above the ground. Owners, developers, general contractors, and subcontractors may help cause jobsite accidents by:
- Failing to verify the qualifications of a worker, leading to unskilled or inexperienced workers operating complicated and dangerous equipment;
- Failing to provide adequate training to employees working with dangerous tools, machines, or equipment;
- Failing to establish or implement essential safety procedures;
- Failing to monitor workers to ensure that they have the necessary skills to operate dangerous equipment and follow all required safety rules and regulations; or
- Failing to suspend, transfer, or terminate employees who violate safety protocols or demonstrate lack of skill or qualifications to operate dangerous machinery, tools, or equipment.
What Can Bailey & Galyen Do for Me After a Construction Site Injury?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have represented injured construction workers across Texas for decades, including people who hurt because of carelessness in hiring, training, or monitoring workers on a job site. We understand the unique aspects of construction-site-injury claims and how to present your case to get you the compensation you need and deserve. We know the types of evidence that are most persuasive in court and when to call an expert witness to help the jury understand liability and loss. We can quickly and accurately evaluate your claim, so you can make good decisions about whether to accept a settlement or take your case to trial.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Construction-Site-Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt on a residential or commercial construction site by a coworker who lacks the skills, qualifications, training, or supervision to safely do their job, you have a right to seek full and fair compensation for your losses. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen have the knowledge, skill, experience, and resources to help you maximize your recovery.
To schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We handle all construction-site-injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in construction-site-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.