Experienced Premises Liability Attorneys in Texas
Slips, Trips, and Falls | Poor or Inadequate Lighting | Negligent Security
According to the National Safety Council, more than 9 million people visit emergency rooms every year because of a slip, trip, or fall. While many of those injuries are minor, a slip-and-fall almost always has the potential to be serious or catastrophic. In fact, falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury across the country, accounting for more than a third of all TBIs.
Most injuries sustained in premises liability accidents are preventable, caused by the carelessness or negligence of owners, property managers, and others. If you or someone you love is hurt in a slip-and-fall on someone else’s property, the experienced attorneys at Bailey & Galyen can help.
Results-Oriented Premises Liability Lawyers in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we have provided comprehensive legal counsel to personal injury victims for more than four decades, including people hurt in premises liability accidents. Long considered among the largest consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, we are well-known for our ability to get positive results for our clients. Over the last 40 years, we have recovered personal injury verdicts and settlements in excess of $500 million.
We provide a free initial consultation to anyone hurt in a slip-and-fall or as a result of inadequate lighting or security on someone else’s property. For an appointment, contact us online or call us at 844-402-2992.
Effective Counsel for Slip-and-Fall Accident Victims Nationwide
At Bailey & Galyen, we have always been committed to providing the highest level of customer service and attention to every client. We know how an accident can change your life, and we understand the anxiety and stress that come with an uncertain future. We built our successful practice on hard work and communication. We’ll take the time to explain the law and the legal process to you, as well as your rights. We’ll immediately apprise you of any changes or developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so that you can make good decisions about your future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Premises Liability Claims
What Should I Do Immediately After a Slip-and-Fall or Other Premises-Liability Injury?
- In the moments immediately after a premises-liability accident, focus on your health and medical needs. Don’t try to minimize or shake off your injuries. If possible, don’t move until emergency medical technicians arrive, and defer to their judgment. Seek immediate medical care at a hospital, urgent care facility, or doctor’s office. Be sure to let doctors and nurses know about anything that seems out of the ordinary, and ask them to document everything in writing.
- Retain an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will take immediate steps to protect your legal interests, gathering and preserving physical evidence and getting contact information and statements from potential witnesses. Your lawyer can also be your advocate with insurers, helping you get the benefits available under your policy.
- Take time to get contact information from others on the scene, including owners, property managers, and witnesses. Take pictures of everything, from the conditions on the property to your injuries.
What Types of Premises Liability Claims Does Bailey & Galyen Take?
We offer extensive knowledge, skill, experience, and resources to people who suffer any needless injury on someone else’s property, including
- Slips, trips, and falls on wet or slippery floors, broken tile or flooring, torn linoleum or carpet, broken steps or stairs, cracked or broken cement, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, parking ramps, and other thoroughfares
- Injuries sustained because of inadequate lighting on property, including losses suffered in slips and falls, muggings, or impact with unseen objects
- Injuries caused by inappropriate or inadequate security, including physical attacks and muggings
What Damages Can I Recover in a Premises Liability Claim?
Upon a showing of negligence by the owner or person in control of the property, you can ask for compensation for:
- Unearned income or wages
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Property losses not covered by insurance
- Loss of physical companionship or intimacy with family members due to injuries
- Loss of the ability to engage in ordinary activities of daily life or activities that bring joy, satisfaction, or happiness
- Physical pain and suffering
Why Should I Hire Bailey & Galyen After a Premises Liability Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented personal injury victims in Texas and across the United States for more than 40 years. We understand the laws that protect your rights after you’re injured on someone else’s property. We know how to most effectively prepare and present slip-and-fall and other premises liability lawsuits. We also understand how Texas courts evaluate personal injury claims and when to bring in expert witnesses to build our case.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Proven Premises Liability Attorney
If you’re hurt on someone else’s property, you want an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. At Bailey & Galyen, we offer a free initial consultation to all victims of personal injury, including premises liability. We take all personal injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. There won’t be any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in premises liability across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.