Big Rigs | 18-Wheelers | Tractor-Trailers | Semis | Delivery Vans | Commercial Trucks
According to findings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there the increasing numbers of large commercial trucks on American roadways has led to a dramatic increase in big truck crashes. Since 2009, the number of fatalities linked to commercial truck accidents has jumped 46%, and the number of accidents involving large trucks has more than doubled, from 53,000 in 2009 to more than 112,000 in 2018. Unfortunately, when a big rig collides with a passenger vehicle, it’s almost always the occupants of the passenger vehicle who are injured, and their injuries are almost always serious and catastrophic.
Successfully bringing legal action after suffering an injury in a commercial truck accident can be a challenging and complex process, often requiring expert witnesses and extensive factual investigation. You want experienced lawyers who have successfully recovered compensation for other truck accident victims. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Aggressive Truck Accident Injury Lawyers Throughout the Lone Star State
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have provided comprehensive legal counsel to personal injury victims across Texas for more than 40 years, including people injured in large truck accidents. We are known and respected by judges, lawyers, and clients for our consistent ability to get positive results. Since the founding of our practice, we have recovered more than $500 million for our clients.
Fighting for Your Rights After a Serious Truck Accident
At Bailey & Galyen, we understand that a serious personal injury changes everything, and we know the stress and anxiety it can bring. We will take the time to get to know you, to learn exactly what happened, and to find out what you need to get your life back. We’ve built our practice on a commitment to hard work, accessibility, and communication. We will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to get full and fair compensation for your losses. We’ll strive to be there when you have questions or concerns and to return all calls, text messages, and e-mail in a timely manner. We will keep you fully involved and informed throughout the legal process, making sure you are up to date on all developments in your case, as well as your rights, options, and chances of success, so that you can make good decisions about how you want to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Large Truck Accident Injury Claims
How Do I Protect My Rights After a Truck Accident?
- Your first priority should always be your health. Get the medical attention you need, whether from a hospital, urgent care facility, or your personal physician. Seek medical treatment immediately—the longer you wait, the greater the risk that the at-fault party might challenge the cause or seriousness of your injury. Make certain doctors document everything in writing, and tell them about everything that seems out of the ordinary.
- Once you’re treated by medical professionals, hire an experienced attorney. Your lawyer will immediately take steps to protect your legal rights, ensuring that evidence is not lost or compromised, and that key witnesses provide statements while the events are fresh in their memories. Your attorney can also be your liaison with insurance companies, helping you get all the benefits to which you are entitled.
- You can help your attorney by getting contact information from anyone involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses. If possible, take pictures of everything—the damage to your vehicle and the truck, your injuries, roadway and weather conditions, skid marks. Using the camera on your phone is fine.
What Compensation Can I Pursue After a Truck Accident?
Our experienced truck accident attorneys will help you seek damages for your losses, including:
- lost wages, income or salary;
- physical pain and suffering;
- loss of companionship or consortium;
- loss of the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, fulfillment, or pleasure;
- medical expenses not covered by insurance; and
- property losses not covered by insurance.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Large Truck Crashes?
A study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration found a number of factors that regularly contribute to commercial truck accidents:
- Driver fatigue—Because most drivers are paid by the mile, there’s an incentive to spend long hours on the roads. State and federal law limit this, but some drivers ignore or intentionally flaunt the rules.
- Mechanical failure—Drivers and trucking companies are required to perform routine maintenance and keep logs, but they can be falsified or ignored.
- Distracted driving—Drivers may take their eyes off the road to use a handheld device, adjust the radio, grab food or beverages, or talk to someone else in the vehicle.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Failure to obey traffic laws, including speeding, failure to stop or yield at lights or signs, and illegal lane changes
- Unfamiliarity with roads
Why Should I Hire Bailey & Galyen After a Truck Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented personal injury victims throughout Texas for decades. We know the unique aspects of a truck accident injury claim and how to effectively prepare such a case for maximum recovery. We work effectively with expert witnesses, including engineers, accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and financial projections specialists. We know how courts and juries across Texas view personal injury claims, as well as what evidence is most persuasive to help you get full and fair compensation.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Proven Truck Accident Lawyer
When you or a loved one is hurt in an accident involving a big rig, 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, semi, or other commercial truck, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all truck accident lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in truck accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.