Falls Off Oil Rigs | Falls from Heights | Slips, Trips, and Falls | Unsafe Working Conditions
Offshore-oil-drilling regulations have been scaled back since 2017, and as a result, the number of serious injuries and deaths on offshore oil rigs has taken a sharp upward turn, climbing over 20 percent in 2018 and 2019. Many of those injuries and fatalities occur as a result of falls, either from an offshore oil rig or somewhere on the rig. If you or someone you love has been hurt in any kind of fall on an offshore oil rig, Bailey & Galyen can help.
Experienced and Effective Lawyers—Offshore-Oil-Rig Accidents
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices throughout the Lone Star State, we have fought for the rights of personal injury victims for more than four decades. One of the largest consumer law practices in the state, we are proud of our hard-earned reputation for consistently getting positive results for our clients. In our 40+ years in practice, we have recovered more than $500 million in personal injury judgments and settlements.
At Bailey & Galyen, we’ve built our practice on an unwavering commitment to provide the highest levels of personal service and attention, dedicating 100% of our efforts to every case we litigate. We will aggressively advocate for you throughout the legal process, carefully gathering and preserving all key evidence to support your claim. We will prepare and file all documents required during the legal process and will be your voice in all hearings, proceedings, and meetings.
We believe that strong and successful attorney-client relationships are founded on good communication and a high level of accessibility. We will help you understand the law and process, as well as your rights, options, and likelihood of success, so that you can make good decisions about your future. We’ll keep you notified of all developments in your case, so that you always know where you stand.
Frequently Asked Questions About Offshore-Oil-Rig Falls
What Should My First Steps Be After an Offshore-Oil-Rig Fall?
- Before you worry about anything else, take the time to get the medical attention you need. Acknowledge that your injuries may be serious. If possible, stay where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive. They’ll know the best course of action. If you do leave the scene, go immediately to an emergency room, urgent care facility, or doctor’s office. If you wait, you may experience unnecessary complications or even jeopardize your legal claims.
- As soon as you’ve had the medical care you need, hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will know what needs to be done to protect your legal rights, from preserving physical evidence to securing witness statements. Your attorney can also be your advocate with insurance companies.
- If possible, identify all parties present at the time of the accident and get their contact information. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, your injuries, and anything else related to the accident. Your cellphone camera is fine to use.
What Can I Expect to Recover After a Fall on an Offshore Oil Rig?
When you’re hurt on the job in Texas, you have a right to apply for workers’ compensation benefits, which cover lost wages, as well as reasonable and necessary medical treatment. If your injuries are caused by the negligence of someone other than your employer or a coworker, you can also file a personal injury lawsuit in court, seeking compensation for:
- Lost wages and income
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
You can file a personal injury claim simultaneously with an application for workers’ compensation benefits, but you cannot recover for the same losses in both proceedings.
What Are the Common Causes of Falls on Offshore Oil Rigs?
- Failure to use or install proper safety equipment, including guardrails, netting, harnesses, or other devices
- Carelessness in the assembly of ladders, scaffolding, steps, or stairs
- Failure to keep a rig cleared of ice, rain, or other slippery substances
- Jobsite debris, including cables, tools, refuse, and construction materials
How Can Bailey & Galyen Protect My Rights After a Fall at an Offshore Oil Rig?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have protected the rights of personal injury victims across Texas for over 40 years, so we know how to effectively prepare these types of claims to maximize recovery. We know the types of evidence that are most compelling to a judge and jury and when it’s in your best interest to bring in expert witnesses to explain loss and liability. We can also quickly and accurately determine the value of your claim, so you that can make good decisions about whether to accept a settlement offer.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Experienced Personal Injury Counsel
When you’re hurt on an offshore oil rig, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. You want Bailey & Galyen.
At Bailey & Galyen, we handle all personal injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
To schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend meetings are available upon request. Se habla español.
We offer proven counsel in offshore-oil-rig-fall claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.