Carelessness or Negligence in Rig Construction | Dangerous or Defective Rig Design | Owner or Operator Negligence
An offshore oil rig can be immense, with some the size of two football fields. Some are moored and anchored, while others are mounted on ships, floating in the water. If they’re poorly designed or carelessly constructed, they can pose a risk of structural collapse. If that happens, the injuries are often serious or even fatal.
If you or someone you love is injured on an offshore oil rig as the result of a structural collapse, you want aggressive and experienced attorneys to fight for your legal rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Offshore-Oil-Rig-Injury Attorneys in Texas
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with offices throughout the Lone Star State, we have successfully protected the rights of injured people for more than 40 years. Long considered one of the premier consumer law firms in Texas, we are proud of our hard-earned reputation for delivering positive results. Over the past four decades, we have recovered in excess of $500 million in personal injury verdicts and settlements.
At Bailey & Galyen, we owe our success to hard work, personal service, and a strong commitment to accessibility and open communication. We are committed to giving 100% of our efforts to help you get full and fair compensation for your losses. We’ll help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll promptly notify you of any developments in your case, along with your options and chances of success, so that you can make informed decisions about your future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Offshore-Oil-Rig Injuries
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Offshore-Oil-Rig Collapse?
- Your first concern, after any injury, should always be your health. Make certain you get all the medical attention you need, as soon as possible. If you can do so safely, it’s always best to stay right where you are until emergency medical technicians arrive and determine what’s beneficial for you. Even if your injuries seem minor, and you’re able to leave under your own power, go immediately to the hospital, an urgent care facility, or a doctor. The longer you wait, the greater are the chances of complication and the risk that your legal claims will be affected.
- Once you receive proper medical attention, hire an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights. Your lawyer will take immediate action to preserve physical evidence and obtain witness statements. Your attorney can also help you deal effectively with insurance companies.
- If possible, identify everyone who was there at the time of the collapse and get contact information from them. Take pictures of everything, from the scene of the collapse to any injuries you suffered. You can use your cellphone camera.
What Types of Compensation Can I Pursue After an Offshore Oil Rig Injury?
If you’re hurt during the course of your employment in Texas, you have the right to apply for workers’ compensation benefits, which will provide payments for lost wages, as well as reimbursement of all reasonable and necessary medical treatment. If your injuries are caused, in any way, by the negligence of someone other than your employer or coworker, you can also file a personal injury lawsuit, seeking damages for:
- Lost wages and income
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium
It’s important to understand, though, that you cannot recover the same losses through a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury lawsuit. If your medical expenses are covered by workers’ compensation, you cannot recover them again in personal injury litigation.
What Are the Common Causes of an Offshore-Oil-Rig Structural Collapse?
There are several factors that can cause or contribute to a structural collapse on an offshore oil rig:
- Failure to exercise reasonable care when designing the rig
- Carelessness in the construction of the rig, including hiring inexperienced workers to erect the rig, or failing to monitor the construction of the rig
- Negligence in securing or anchoring the rig
- Failure to perform routine and necessary maintenance on the rig, including regular monitoring of the structural integrity of all components of the rig
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After I’ve Been Hurt in an Offshore Oil Rig Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to people who have suffered any type of personal injury. We know how to prepare personal injury claims to maximize financial recovery. We understand the types of evidence that are most compelling in court, and we know when it’s in your best interest to bring in expert witnesses to help a jury understand liability and loss. We can also quickly determine the reasonable value of your claim, so that you can make good decisions about accepting a settlement offer.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Dedicated Representation After an Offshore Oil Rig Collapse
When you or someone you love is hurt in an offshore oil rig accident, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The results-oriented personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in offshore-oil-rig-structural-collapse claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.