Pilot Error | Mechanical Problems | Taxi and Takeoff | Descent and Landing | Fuel Mismanagement | Weather-Related Accidents
According to published reports, there are, on average, approximately a thousand non-fatal airplane accidents and more than 200 fatal crashes every year. While poor judgment or carelessness by pilots is the most common cause of a crash, other factors often play a role, including mechanical failure, improper or careless maintenance, dangerous or defective airplane parts, flying in bad weather, and miscalculations regarding fuel requirements.
If you or a loved one suffers injury in a plane wreck, or a family member dies in an airplane accident, you want an attorney who knows and understands the complexity of aviation accident litigation, who can help you get full and fair compensation for all your losses. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Airplane Accident Attorneys with Four Decades of Experience
At Bailey & Galyen, we aggressively represent personal injury victims from offices across the state of Texas, including people who suffer any type of injury in an aviation accident. One of the largest consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, we have long been known and respected by other attorneys for our consistent ability to get positive results for our clients. Over the past 40 years, we have recovered more than $500 million for victims of personal injury. To set up a free initial consultation, send us an-e-mail or call our offices at 844-402-2992 to arrange an appointment.
Proven Legal Representation After an Airplane Accident
The hallmark of our successful personal injury practice has always been our commitment to provide the highest levels of personal satisfaction and attention, committing 100% of our efforts to every case. We place a premium on accessibility and communication. We’ll work hard to be available when you need to talk with us and promptly respond to all calls, text messages, and e-mails. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, and well as your rights, choices, and prospects for success. We’ll notify you immediately of any developments in your case and work closely with you to help you make the right decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Aviation Accidents
What Should I Do Right After an Airplane Accident?
- Your health is your most important concern immediately after any personal injury. Be certain you get the care you need, and be sure to have medical professionals document everything in writing. Tell doctors about anything that seems out of the ordinary—don’t focus only on the obvious injuries.
- Once you have received proper medical attention, you’ll want to hire an experienced aviation accident lawyer. Then longer you wait, the more difficult it might be to get full and fair compensation. You increase the chances that evidence will be lost or compromised, that witnesses will die or move away, or that memories will start to fade.
- Though your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of the airplane accident, there are ways that you can help that process. Get contact information from anyone else involved in the accident and take pictures of everything, including injuries to yourself and others, damage to the plane, skid marks on the runway, and even weather conditions.
What Type of Monetary Compensation Can I Pursue After a Plane Crash?
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen will seek damages for:
- loss of income, wages or salary because you cannot work;
- physical pain or suffering caused by the crash;
- your inability to participate in activities that have brought you fulfillment, joy or pleasure—your so-called “loss of enjoyment of life;”
- loss of companionship or consortium because of your injuries; and
- medical expenses incurred that are not covered by insurance.
How Do Aviation Accidents Happen?
Many different factors can cause an airplane crash:
- Pilot error, negligence, or malfeasance—Failure by the pilot to follow appropriate procedures, conduct requisite safety checks, or respond properly in the event of an emergency
- Poor maintenance of an aircraft—Failure to conduct necessary maintenance inspections or reasonable maintenance
- Mechanical failures—Caused by manufacturing or design defects, improper or inadequate repairs, or careless maintenance of an aircraft
- Inclement weather—Failure to check weather before a flight or choosing to fly in bad weather, such as snow, fog, excessive wind, thunderstorms, or heavy rain
How Can Bailey & Galyen Protect My Rights After an Aviation Accident?
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have handled personal injury claims across the state of Texas for more than four decades. We know how to effectively prepare a personal injury claim for trial, when to bring in expert witnesses, and what types of evidence are most likely to maximize your recovery. We have the skill, knowledge, experience, and resources to help you pursue full and fair compensation after an airplane accident injury.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Proven Aviation Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt in an airplane accident, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all aviation accident lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in aviation and airplane accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford