Automobile, Truck, and Motorcycle Accidents | Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), more than one of every four motor vehicle accidents in the United States involves a drunk driver. Though fault is often easy to establish when you’re hurt in a motor vehicle accident caused by an impaired driver, there are often challenges finding sources of compensation for your losses. Because many drunk drivers are repeat offenders, it’s not uncommon for them to be on the road with inadequate insurance or no insurance at all, even though the law requires it.
If you or a loved one is hurt in a motor vehicle accident involving a drunk driver, you want an experienced lawyer, someone who knows the different ways to get full and fair compensation for your losses. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Bailey & Galyen can help.
Strong Representation in Drunk-Driving Accidents in Texas and Nationwide
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we offer more than 40 years of experience to people across the Lone Star State who suffer needless personal injury, including people hurt in motor vehicle wrecks caused by impaired drivers. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, Bailey & Galyen has a longstanding reputation for getting positive results. Over the past four decades, we have secured more than $500 million in judgments and verdicts for our clients.
Comprehensive Legal Counsel for Drunk-Driving-Accident Victims
At Bailey & Galyen, we have built our practice and reputation on a commitment to always give 100% of our efforts to every case we take. We understand the stress and anxiety that come with the uncertainty caused by a personal injury. We work hard to be available and accessible when you need answers to your questions. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll keep you up to date on all developments in your case, helping you understand your options and chances of success, so you can make the right decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drunk-Driving Accidents
What Should I Do If I Am Involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Drunk Driver?
- After any accident, you should give priority to your health and well-being, immediately seeking the medical attention you need. Don’t try to shake it off—be willing to accept that you have been hurt. In most instances, it’s best to wait for emergency medical professionals to arrive before you attempt to move about under your own power. Many serious injuries don’t show immediate symptoms, and you could make things worse through unnecessary movement. Get the medical treatment you need as soon as possible, whether at the hospital, an urgent care facility, or the offices of your personal physician. Ask doctors and nurses to document everything in writing. Make certain you tell them about anything that seems out of the ordinary.
- Once you receive appropriate medical care, your next step should be to hire an experienced attorney. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that evidence will be lost or compromised, that witnesses will move, disappear or die, or that their memories will fade. Your lawyer will take immediate action to gather and preserve critical evidence and also can be your advocate with insurance companies.
- If possible, gather as much information and evidence as you can at the scene of the accident. Ask for names and contact information from anyone else involved in the accident, as well as all potential witnesses. Take pictures of anything that seems relevant (your cell phone camera is fine), including your injuries, any damage to the vehicle, the location of the accident, and road and weather conditions.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After a Drunk-Driving Accident?
Bailey & Galyen will help seek financial compensation for all your losses, including:
- Lost wages and income
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in pursuits that have brought meaning and satisfaction to your life
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Property damage
What Are My Options If the At-Fault Party Has Little or No Insurance?
There are a number of other potential sources of compensation, including:
- Your own insurance policy, if you have a rider providing coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists
- The owner of the establishment where the alcohol was served and/or the person who served the alcohol
- The designer/manufacturer of any dangerous or defective product (brakes, tires, etc.) that contributed to causing the accident
- The person or agency responsible for maintaining the roads, if the accident was caused by some defect in the road or signage
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me If I’m Hurt in a Drunk-Driving Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have four decades of experience handling a wide range of personal injury claims in Texas, so we know how to effectively prepare a personal injury claim:
- We understand what evidence is most persuasive in court.
- We know when expert witnesses are most beneficial, and we have a network of experts who can help us provide clear evidence to a jury.
- We know the types of damages available and have a solid understanding of the approximate value of a drunk-driving-injury claim
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Results-Oriented Drunk-Driving-Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt in an accident involving a drunk driver, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all personal injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in drunk-driving-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.