Asbestosis | Mesothelioma | Lung Cancer | Pleural Plaques | Ovarian Cancer | Laryngeal Cancer
According to The Mesothelioma Center, millions of Americans remain at risk for serious health consequences because of exposure to asbestos at work. In fact, asbestos exposure is currently the top cause of work-related death in the United States and around the world. But the danger goes beyond the workplace. Many domestic goods produced in the United States before 1990, including appliances, contain asbestos. Additionally, many goods imported from other countries still do.
If you or someone you love suffers an asbestos-related injury, you want experienced and knowledgeable attorneys to help you recover full and fair compensation for your losses. That’s when you want to call Bailey & Galyen.
Proven Asbestos Injury Lawyers—Texas and Nationwide
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented personal injury victims throughout the Lone Star State for more than 40 years, including people who contract an illness because of exposure to asbestos. Long known as one of the premier consumer law firms in Texas, we have a well-earned reputation for consistently securing positive results for our clients. In our years in practice, we have recovered more than $500 million in personal injury verdicts and settlements.
Personal Service and Attention for People with Asbestos-Related Claims
At Bailey & Galyen, we understand that every personal injury claim is unique. We take the time to get to know you, learn what happened, and find out what you need to fully recover for your losses. We help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll notify you immediately of any developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so you can make good decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos-Related Illness and Injury
What Should I Do If I’m Exposed to Asbestos?
- The first thing to do is seek qualified medical care. Go to your personal physician and describe everything that seems out of the ordinary. Make certain doctors and nurses document everything in writing, and be sure to tell them that you suspect you were exposed to asbestos so they can order appropriate tests and get you to the right specialist.
- Hire an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney will take immediate steps to safeguard all physical evidence and take witness statements. Your lawyer can also be your advocate with insurance companies, helping you secure the benefits you need and deserve.
What Types of Asbestos-Related Injuries Does Bailey and Galyen Litigate?
We aggressively protect the rights of people who suffer injury or illness because of exposure to asbestos:
- Asbestosis—The accumulation of asbestos in your lungs can lead to scarring, which in turn can make it difficult for your lungs to take oxygen into your blood.
- Mesothelioma—This is a cancer of the mesothelium, the protective membrane that covers your lungs, abdomen, heart, and other body parts. Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer that can easily metastasize into other areas of the body.
- Other cancers—Asbestos exposure is frequently associated with lung cancer and less commonly tied to ovarian cancer and laryngeal cancer.
- Pleural plaques—These are small deposits of thickened tissue in the lung lining (also known as the “pleura”).
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for an Asbestos-Related Illness?
Long-term exposure to asbestos can have a devastating impact on your health. The attorneys at Bailey & Galyen will help you pursue full and fair compensation for:
- Lost wages and income
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life, including the ability to engage in normal activities of daily life or the ability to do things that brought you joy or satisfaction before the injury
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
Where Are Common Places to Find Asbestos?
Asbestos was commonly used in a wide array of products, including:
- Residential and commercial insulation in walls and ceilings and under floorboards
- Coatings, including sprayed and textured coatings used on walls and under roofs
- Ceiling tiles
Asbestos was also used in a number of consumer products, including talcum powder, hair dryers, and curtains. It was commonly used in churches, schools, and theaters for soundproofing and insulation, and it can even be found in some older linoleum and floor tiles.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me When I Have an Asbestos-Related Illness?
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully protected the rights of injured people across Texas for more than four decades. We understand how to prepare your case to maximize your recovery. We know the types of evidence that juries find most persuasive, and we know when it’s necessary to bring in expert witnesses to explain liability and loss to a judge and jury. Because of our extensive experience, we can quickly determine the value of your claim and help you make the right decision about settlement vs. going to trial.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Effective Asbestos Injury Lawyer
When you or someone you love is suffering from mesothelioma, asbestosis, or other asbestos-related condition, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all asbestos injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in asbestos injury claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.