Powerboat Collisions | Swimmers Hit by Boats | Jet Ski Accidents | Boat Flips | Alcohol-Related Accidents
According to data gathered by the U.S. Coast Guard, more than 4,000 boat accidents were reported in 2019, with more than 600 deaths and thousands of injuries. Statistics indicate many causes of a water-related injuries:
- collisions between two boats due to excessive speed or inattention;
- collisions with stationary objects;
- grounding in shallow water;
- propeller injuries to swimmers;
- collisions with swimmers or water skiers ; and
- flip-overs, capsizes, or ejection of passengers due to excessive speed, operator inexperience, and/or alcohol use
If you or someone you love is hurt in a boating, watercraft, or water-related injury, you want an experienced and aggressive lawyer to help you pursue full and fair compensation for all your losses. You want Bailey & Galyen.
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with offices throughout Texas, we bring more than 40 years of experience to people across the Lone Star State and across the nation who suffer any type of personal injury, including victims of boating and watercraft accidents. One of the largest consumer law practices in the state, we are known for our thorough preparation and consistent record of getting positive results for our personal injury clients. Over the last four decades, we have recovered more than $500 million for our personal injury clients. For a free initial consultation, send us an-e-mail or call our offices at 844-402-2992 to schedule an appointment.
Aggressive Attorneys for Boating-Accident-Injury Claims
The key to our long-term success has been hard work and a commitment to give 100% of our efforts to every case we handle. We build our practice around relationships, with a strong commitment to communication and accessibility. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights and options at every stage of your case. We will promptly inform you of any developments and help you make good decisions for yourself and your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions About Boating Accidents
What Should I Do Immediately After a Deadly Car Accident?
- Your first concern should always be your health. Get the medical attention you need, and get it immediately. Make certain medical professionals document everything in writing, and be sure to tell them about anything that seems out of the ordinary. Once you’ve received essential medical
treatment, you’ll want to hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible, as that will give you the best chance of recovering full and fair compensation for your injuries and losses. The longer you wait, the more likely evidence will get lost or compromised, witnesses will die or move away, or their memories will start to fade.
- Gather as much evidence as you can regarding the cause of the accident, damage to vehicles or people, weather conditions, and other factors. Take pictures of everything—your cell phone camera will be fine.
- Get contact information from everyone involved in the accident, as well as all witnesses.
What Types of Compensation Can I Pursue After a Boating Accident?
Our attorneys will help you seek damages for all your losses, including:
- lost wages or income because of your inability to work;
- unreimbursed medical expenses, including physical therapy, rehab, or retrofitting your home to accommodate injuries;
- loss of enjoyment of life, the ability to engage in activities you love;
- loss of companionship or consortium; and
- physical pain and suffering.
What Types of Injuries Can I Seek Damages For?
Bailey & Galyen will help you recover compensation for all types of personal injury, from sprains, strains, and other soft-tissue injury to serious and catastrophic loss, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord trauma, paralysis, broken bones, burns, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and amputation or loss of limb. We also represent surviving family members in wrongful death claims arising out of boating accidents.
What Are the Common Causes of Boating Accidents?
Boating and watercraft mishaps happen for many reasons:
- Operator inexperience or error – It’s not unusual for people to get at the helm of a powerboat without any training or experience. That can lead to excessive speed, inability to handle the boat, difficulty stopping or turning, or challenges avoiding other boats or objects in the water.
- Horseplay or reckless boating – It’s fairly common for boaters to travel at high rates of speed or take risks while at the helm.
- Alcohol-related incidents – Unfortunately, because boating is a leisure activity, it’s often combined with alcohol, impairing judgment and reaction times.
- Dangerous or defective equipment or parts – Faulty throttles or poorly designed or manufactured motors, propellers, and other parts.
- Failure to maintain a boat or watercraft
- Waterway hazards – Hidden pylons, docks, buoys, or other objects, or shallow spots, diving platforms or other objects in the water
What Can Bailey & Galyen Do for Me After I’m in a Boating Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we are experienced trial attorneys who know how to prepare any personal injury case. Because we’ve practiced throughout the state for more than four decades, we know what to expect from judges and juries, and the types of evidence that will carry the most weight and give you the best chance to get full and fair compensation for your losses.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Boating-Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt in a boating or watercraft accident, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The results-oriented personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all boating accident lawsuits on a contingent fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in boating accident claims across Texas, Arkansas, and New Mexico including Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Dallas, Fayetteville, Fort Worth, Houston, Little Rock, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana and Weatherford.