Crosswalk and Right-of-Way Accidents | Parking Lot Accidents | Bystander-Pedestrian Injuries | Hit-and-Run Accidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), more than 130,000 pedestrians end up in emergency rooms or urgent care facilities every year after being struck by a motor vehicle. Not surprisingly, many of those accidents (about 6,000 per year) are fatal. Nearly half (47%) of all fatal pedestrian accidents involve the use of alcohol.
If you or a loved one is hurt as a pedestrian struck by a car, truck, or other motor vehicle, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Bailey & Galyen can protect your rights and help you pursue full and fair compensation for your losses.
Aggressive Representation of Pedestrians Struck by Negligent Motorists
At Bailey & Galyen, we have fought for the rights of injured people across the state of Texas for more than four decades, including pedestrians hit by a car or other motor vehicle. One of the largest consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, we are well-known and respected by clients and other lawyers for our hard work and consistent ability to produce positive results. Over the past 40 years, we have recovered in excess of $500 million for our personal injury clients.
Full-Service Legal Counsel for Injured Pedestrians
At Bailey & Galyen, we are known for our commitment to 100% client satisfaction. We have attorneys who are certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in personal injury litigation. We are dedicated to providing clients with the highest levels of personal attention, communication, and accessibility. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process and help you understand your rights and options, as well as your likelihood of success. We’ll notify you promptly of all developments in your case, so you can make timely and informed decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pedestrian Accidents
What Should I Do If I’m Hit by a Car?
- Your first attention should always be to your health and physical well-being. Get the medical treatment you need as soon as possible. Don’t try to shake it off—be willing to travel to the hospital in an ambulance, if necessary. Ask doctors to document everything in writing and make certain you tell them about anything that seems out of the ordinary, not just the obvious injuries.
- Once you’ve received any necessary medical care, immediately hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney can ensure that evidence is protected and will act as your liaison with insurance companies and others, protecting your legal rights.
- To the extent possible, gather as much information and evidence as you can immediately after the accident, including the names and contact information for anyone else involved in the accident, as well as all potential witnesses. Take pictures of everything (your cell phone camera is sufficient), including your injuries, any damage to the vehicle, the location of the accident, and road and weather conditions.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After a Deadly Motor Vehicle Accident?
Bailey & Galyen will help you pursue full and fair compensation for:
- the financial support the deceased would have provided you;
- unpaid or unreimbursed medical expenses incurred by the deceased as a result of the accident;
- loss of companionship, consortium, guidance, nurturing, and affection caused by the death of your loved one; and
- costs of funeral and burial expenses.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
Many factors may cause a motorist to hit an innocent bystander:
- Distracted driving—A driver might take his or her eyes off the road to use a handheld device, grab food or beverages, adjust the stereo, talk to a passenger, discipline a child, or take in some roadside attraction.
- Drunk driving—About one of every three pedestrian fatalities involves a drunk driver.
- Operator carelessness or recklessness—Many pedestrian accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed limit, failing to stop at a traffic sign or signal, making left-hand turns without checking the crosswalk, or otherwise failing to yield to the right-of-way of a pedestrian.
- Weather conditions—Driving in heavy rain, fog or snowstorms
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance—Worn brakes or tires, defective windshield wipers, broken lights or turn signals
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Pedestrian Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, our 40+ years of experience handling a wide range of personal injury claims in Texas helps us understand how to most effectively prepare a personal injury claim to get full and fair compensation:
- We know the types of evidence that are most persuasive in court.
- We know when an expert witness will be most effective, and we have a network of experts who can help us provide clear evidence to a jury.
- We know the types of damages available and have a solid understanding of the approximate value of any pedestrian-accident-injury claim.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Results-Oriented Pedestrian-Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt as a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven pedestrian-accident attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all personal injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in pedestrian-accident-and-injury claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.