T-Bones | Rear-End Collisions | Sideswipes | Head-On Collisions | Single Vehicle Wrecks | Drunk Driving Accidents | Mechanical Failures | Rollovers
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, a person was killed in a motor vehicle accident every single day during 2018, with 3,652 people losing their lives on Texas roadways. In addition, there were more than 12,000 automobile accidents involving serious or catastrophic injury. When you suffer needless injury in a car accident because of the carelessness or wrongful acts of another person, you have the right to pursue financial compensation for your losses. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Auto Accident Lawyers in Texas, Arkansas and Nationwide
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices throughout Texas and Arkansas, we have aggressively fought for the rights of personal injury victims in the Lone Star State for more than four decades, including people who are hurt in motor vehicle accidents. We understand the financial impact of a personal injury and always put prioritize getting positive results. Since we founded our firm more than 40 years ago, we have recovered in excess of $500 million for our personal injury clients.
Aggressive Representation for Auto Accident Victims in Texas and Arkansas
Because of our vast experience, we have seen the impact a personal injury can have on every aspect of your life, as well as the stress and anxiety it can create. We work hard to build a strong personal relationship with every client, founded on hard work, accessibility, and regular communication. We will use our extensive experience, knowledge, skill, and resources to help you maximize your recovery, and we’ll strive to be available to take your call or meet with you, if necessary. We will immediately notify you of all developments in your case and make certain you understand your rights, options, and likelihood of success, so that you can make informed decisions about your future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
What Do I Need to Do to Protect My Rights After a Car Accident?
- Before you do anything else, you need to make certain you get all the medical care you need. Go to the hospital, an urgent care facility, or your family doctor, and do it right away. The longer you delay, the more potential challenges you might face in any legal action to recover for your losses. Be certain you tell medical professionals about everything that’s out of the ordinary, and get everything documented in writing.
- Your next step should be to hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will move quickly to preserve evidence and get key witness statements, before observers move away or die, or memories begin to fade.
- If possible, get contact information from anyone involved in the accident, as well as all potential witnesses. Take pictures of everything, with your cell phone camera, if necessary, including damage to all vehicles, any injuries suffered, and weather and roadway conditions.
What Can I Expect to Recover After a Car Accident Injury?
You have a right to seek damages for all losses caused by the crash, including:
- lost wages, salary, or income;
- medical expenses incurred but not paid for by insurance;
- property damage not covered by insurance;
- loss of “enjoyment of life,” the ability to do things or engage in activities that have brought you happiness, comfort, joy, fulfillment, or pleasure;
- physical pain and suffering resulting from the accident; and
- loss of physical companionship or consortium.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Though there may be many potential causes of a motor vehicle wreck, these are the most common:
- Distracted driving – Whether t’s turning your eyes away from the road to look at a handheld device, adjust the stereo, take a bite or sip, talk to a passenger, monitor children in the back seat, or look at some roadside attraction, distracted driving is a national epidemic.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs – It’s estimated that nearly one of every 10 car accidents involves alcohol, and about 16% of all crashes involve controlled substances other than alcohol. Combined, accidents relating to drugs and alcohol account for one of every four wrecks.
- Failure to obey traffic laws, including excessive speed, illegal lane changes, failing to yield to the right of way of others, or failing to stop at signals or signs
- Failure to take inclement weather conditions into consideration
- Reckless driving/joyriding
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After an Automobile Accident Injury?
At Bailey & Galyen, because we have successfully handled a wide range of personal injury claims in courts across Texas for the last 40 years, we know how to effectively investigate an auto accident and properly prepare a car accident claim for maximum recovery. We know the types of evidence that are most persuasive with juries and when expert witnesses are essential to maximizing your recovery.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one has suffered needless injury in an auto accident because of someone else’s negligence, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all car accident injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in auto accident claims across Texas and Arkansas including Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fayetteville, Fort Worth, Houston, Little Rock, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana and Weatherford.