Car-Motorcycle Accidents | Single-Bike Wrecks | Left-Turn-Lane Accidents | Lane-Splitting Accidents
According to statistics compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, riding a motorcycle is far more dangerous than traveling in a passenger vehicle, with the risk of injury or death nearly 30 times higher. Even though there have been numerous public safety campaigns to make other motorists aware of the presence of bikers on the roadways, the most common response after a motor vehicle operator collides with a motorcycle is “I didn’t see the bike.” Unfortunately, even with protective gear, when you go down on a motorcycle, your injuries are likely to be severe.
If you or someone you love is hurt in a motorcycle accident, or a loved one dies in a motorcycle wreck, you want a lawyer who understands the unique challenges of a motorcycle-accident-injury claim. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Motorcycle-Accident-Injury Lawyers with More than 40 Years of Experience
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have more than four decades of experience handling a wide array of personal injury claims, including cases involving people injured while riding a motorcycle. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we are known throughout the Lone Star State for consistently helping our clients get results. In our years in practice, we have collected verdicts and settlements in excess of $500 million for our personal injury clients.
Client-Centered Motorcycle-Accident-Injury Representation
We built our reputation and practice on a commitment to hard work, accessibility, and strong communication. We always give 100% of our efforts to get the outcome a client wants. We work hard to be available when you have questions or concerns, and we’ll take the time to listen carefully, so that we know what happened to you and what you need to move forward. We will explain the law and process, as well as your rights, options, and prospects for success. We’ll also notify you immediately of all developments in your case, so that you can make good decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents
What Should My First Steps If I’m Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident?
- Before you do anything else, you need to make certain you get the medical attention you require. Don’t try to shake anything off or be strong. Be willing to admit that you’re hurt and need medical treatment, preferably at a hospital emergency room or urgent care facility. Seek treatment immediately. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that doing so might be held against you in a legal proceeding. Tell the doctor about everything that feels different, and ask the doctor to document it all in writing.
- After you receive the medical care you need, immediately begin looking for an experienced personal injury lawyer. The sooner you contact and retain an experienced attorney, the better your chances of recovering full and fair compensation for your losses. If you delay, you run the risk that evidence will get lost or compromised or that witnesses will die, move out of the local area, or start to forget details about what happened.
- If you can, take some time to get contact information from anyone involved in the accident and any potential witnesses. It’s also helpful to get pictures from the scene of the crash—the damage to your bike and the other vehicle, any injuries you’ve suffered, the weather and road conditions at the time of the crash, and any skid marks or other visual evidence from the accident
What Types of Compensation Can I Ask for After a Motorcycle Accident?
Our experienced personal injury attorneys will help you pursue full and fair compensation for your losses, such as:
- lost income, salary, or other wages;
- loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to do things that bring you happiness, fulfillment, or pleasure;
- loss of companionship or consortium;
- medical expenses from the accident that are not covered by insurance; and
- physical pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The most frequent reasons for motorcycle accidents are:
- lane splitting or unsafe lane changes;
- left-turn accidents, where a car turns left into the path of a bike;
- carelessness or recklessness by other drivers;
- distracted driving;
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- sudden stops by other motorists; and
- poor roadway conditions, such as potholes, loose gravel, water over the road, missing traffic signs, or uneven surface levels.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Motorcycle Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to Texans who are hurt in motorcycle accidents. We understand how to effectively prepare claims in different parts of the state, and we know what to expect from judges and juries in various geographic locations. We work extensively with expert witnesses and know how to present evidence that effectively persuades a jury.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Motorcycle-Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt in a motorcycle wreck caused by someone else’s wrongful act, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation to every prospective client. We handle all motorcycle accident injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in motorcycle accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.