A Criminal Prosecution Can Change Your Life | Don’t Take Unnecessary Risk—Hire the Experienced and Aggressive Criminal Defense Lawyers at Bailey & Galyen
It happens more than you think. In a case of mistaken identity, or as a matter of a fundamental misunderstanding, you come under suspicion for, are the subject of an investigation, or are arrested and charged with crime. The wheels of justice can move at lightning speed, particularly in the criminal justice system, so it’s essential that you retain experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense counsel as soon as possible. When the stakes are high, you want a proven criminal defense lawyer at your side—you want Bailey & Galyen.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have aggressively fought to protect the rights of criminal defendants in Arlington and across the Lone Star State for more than four decades. We understand and cherish the fundamental rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and will zealously advocate for you at all stages of a criminal prosecution, making certain that police and prosecutors follow the rules. We are proven trial attorneys who will work hard to safeguard your rights in court. Nonetheless, we have the knowledge to recognize when a plea bargain will be in your best interests, as well as the experience to negotiate a deal that’s best for you.
We built our criminal defense practice on a commitment to hard work and effective communication. We are committed to providing every client with the highest levels of personal service and attention, listening carefully to determine your needs and concerns, so we can tailor our counsel to meet your goals. We’ll keep you informed of all developments in your case, as well as your options, so that you can make good choices about how you want to proceed.
A Basic Guide to Texas Criminal Law
The bulk of the criminal laws in Texas are found in the Texas Penal Code (TPC). As in other states, the laws governing crimes in Texas are exclusively statutory, set forth in written laws enacted by the state legislature. To prosecute you for a criminal offense, the state (usually a local prosecutor) must allege that you have violated the provisions of a specific statute. Under the Texas Penal Code, criminal violations are generally considered to be either misdemeanors or felonies. The TPC lays out the elements of each criminal offense and identifies the potential penalties for conviction. The Texas Penal Code includes a wide range of criminal acts, from assault to white collar crime, from drug offenses to sex crimes, drinking and driving, criminal fraud or misrepresentation, theft crimes, burglary, robbery and cyber/computer-related crimes.
What Are the Most Common Types of Criminal Cases that Bailey & Galyen Handles?
At Bailey & Galyen, our proven criminal lawyers defend individuals charged virtually any type of criminal offense:
- Driving while impaired (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI)—We handle the criminal and administrative proceedings arising out of charges of driving while impaired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Assault and battery—We protect the rights of people charge of simple or aggravated assault, including domestic violence, as well as threats of physical injury or intimidation
- Drug crimes—We defend people charged with any drug offense, from use or possession of controlled substances to trafficking, distribution, manufacturing, cultivation and conspiracy, including offenses involving prescription drugs. We also represent individuals being prosecuted for illegal possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Cybercrimes—Our criminal defense attorneys handle cases involving illegal use of computers or illegal online activity, such as computer fraud, cyberstalking, identity theft and child pornography
- Sex crimes—We defend people under investigation for or charged with any sexual offense, from sexual abuse or assault to felony or statutory rape, child molestation, solicitation and prostitution, or possession or distribution of pornography
- Weapons charges—We have an extensive knowledge or the Texas gun and weapon laws and will aggressively protect your rights under the 2nd Amendment
- White-collar crimes—We take cases involving allegations of embezzlement, misappropriation of property, forgery, money laundering and other financial crimes
- Property crimes—We defend people facing any type of larceny or theft charges, including receipt of stolen goods and destruction of property
Our attorneys take most misdemeanor or felony cases, whether you’re a first-time or repeat offender. We will be at your side throughout the criminal process, from the initial investigation or arraignment to police interrogations, trial and appeals, if necessary.
What Are the Benefits of Having Bailey & Galyen Defend Me in a Criminal Prosecution?
When you hire Bailey & Galyen as your criminal defense counsel, you’ll get all the benefits of our more than four decades of aggressive criminal defense work:
- We’ll be your liaison with police officers and prosecutors during any questioning or search, ensuring that you have been received your Miranda warnings and that law enforcement officers had probable cause for any search, seizure or arrest
- We will fully investigate all charges against you, questioning all potential witnesses and thoroughly reviewing the police report
- We will prepare and file all pleadings and other documents required by the court and will aggressively represent you in all hearings, meetings and proceedings
- We will carefully evaluate all the evidence, so that you can make good decisions about whether to seek a plea bargain or take your case to trial
Why Choose the Arlington Criminal Defense Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen?
In any legal matter, there’s nothing like experience. At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully protected the rights of criminal defendants for more than 40 years, in Texas and throughout the Arlington metropolitan area. We have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Texas criminal law and procedure and can anticipate the tactics prosecutors will use to try to get a conviction. Because we’ve worked with most of the prosecutors and judges throughout the Arlington area, we generally know when you should consider negotiating a plea and when you should take your case to trial.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire an Experienced Arlington Criminal Defense Attorney?
Criminal defense attorneys typically represent their clients on an hourly basis, and their hourly rates can vary. Accordingly, the more complex your case, the more time your lawyer will need to spend to be fully prepared, and the more you’ll pay. You can help your attorney by gathering evidence and preparing for every client meeting. In addition, you’ll generally pay less if you resolve your case early with a plea bargain, rather than taking your case to trial.
Contact the Arlington Criminal Defense Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen Today
At the law offices of Bailey and Galyen, with offices throughout Texas, our goal is always your total satisfaction. We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request, and we will travel for a consultation, if necessary.