When the Stakes Are High, Put the Experienced Advocates at Bailey & Galyen on Your Side
When you’re facing criminal charges or are under investigation for any type of criminal offense, you need to take swift and effective action to protect your constitutional rights. Law enforcement officers will be paying close attention to everything you say and do, looking for any evidence they can use against you in court. The sooner you retain a proven criminal defense lawyer, the less risk you’ll have that you’ll make a simple mistake that costs you dearly. When you’re facing a potential criminal prosecution, you want the knowledgeable and hard-working Fort Worth criminal defense attorneys at Bailey & Galyen.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have protected the rights of criminal defendants in Fort Worth and across the Lone Star State for more than 40 years. We have a thorough understanding of the rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, and will tenaciously protect those rights at all times, ensuring that police and prosecutors follow the rules. We are proven trial advocates who can effectively promote your rights in court, but we also understand when a plea bargain may be in your best interests and have the experience to negotiate a deal that’s best for you.
We built our criminal defense practice on a commitment to hard work and effective communication. We strive to provide every client with the highest levels of service and satisfaction, taking the time to listen and learn your needs and concerns, so we can take the right steps to meet your goals. We’ll keep you apprised of all developments in your case, as well as your options, so that you can make informed decisions about your future.
An Overview of the Texas Criminal Laws
Most of the criminal laws in Texas can be found in the Texas Penal Code (TPC). As in other states, the laws establishing criminal conduct in Texas are exclusively set forth in statutes, written laws enacted by the state legislature. To be criminally prosecuted for any offense, you must be alleged to be in violation of a criminal statute. The TPC identifies the different criminal offenses as either misdemeanors or felonies, and generally establishes the potential penalties for conviction. The Texas Penal Code sets forth the elements of a wide range of crimes, from assault to white collar crime, from drug offenses to sex crimes, drinking and driving, criminal fraud or misrepresentation, theft crimes, burglary, robbery and cyber/computer-related crimes.
What Types of Criminal Cases Does Bailey & Galyen Defend?
At Bailey & Galyen, we represent individuals facing virtually any type of criminal charges, including:
- DUI/DWI—We handle both criminal and administrative proceedings related to any charges of driving while impaired (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs
- Assault and battery—We defend people facing charges of simple or aggravated assault, including domestic violence, as well as allegations of threats of physical injury or intimidation
- Drug offenses—We represent clients facing all types of drug charges, from use or simple possession of controlled substances to trafficking, distribution, cultivation, manufacturing and conspiracy. We also handle cases involving illegal possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Cybercrimes—We will defend you in any prosecution related to computers or online activity, from computer fraud or cyberstalking to identity theft or child pornography
- Sex crimes—Our attorneys advocate for people who have been arrested and charged with any type of illegal sexual activity, from sexual abuse or assault to felony or statutory rape, child molestation, solicitation and prostitution, or possession or distribution of pornography
- Weapons charges—We will fight to protect your rights under the 2nd Amendment
- White-collar crimes—We defend people charged with embezzlement, misappropriation of property, forgery, money laundering and other financial crimes
- Property crimes—We handle all types of larceny or theft charges, including receipt of stolen goods and destruction of property
Our criminal defense lawyers take most misdemeanor or felony cases, whether you’re a first-time or repeat offender. We will be your advocate throughout a criminal investigation or prosecution, from initial investigations or questioning to trial and appeals.
How Will Bailey & Galyen Help Me Defend a Criminal Prosecution?
When you hire Bailey & Galyen to defend you on a criminal charge, you’ll have proven criminal defense counsel protecting your constitutional rights:
- We’ll be your intermediary with law enforcement officials during any questioning or search, making certain that you have been advised of your constitutional rights and that probable cause exists for any search, seizure or arrest
- We’ll conduct an exhaustive investigate of all charges against you, interviewing all relevant witnesses and thoroughly examining any police report
- We will prepare all necessary documents required by the court and will be your voice in all hearings, meetings and proceedings
- We will carefully assess the evidence against you and help you make good decisions about whether you want to seek a plea bargain or acquittal at trial
Why Should You Choose the Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully defended clients charged with crimes in the Fort Worth metropolitan area for more than four decades. We have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Texas criminal law and procedure and can ensure that your rights are always protected. Because we’ve worked with prosecutors and judges throughout the Fort Worth area, we have a strong sense of when you will be best served by negotiating a plea or taking your case to trial.
What Is the Typical Cost of Hiring a Proven Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorney?
Criminal defense attorneys generally bill on an hourly basis. The more complex your case, the more time your lawyer will typically spend in preparation for trial, and the more you’ll pay. Obviously, if you resolve your case early with a plea bargain, your costs can be significantly reduced.
Contact the Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen Today
At the law offices of Bailey and Galyen, with offices throughout Texas, our goal is always your total satisfaction. We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request, and we will travel for a consultation, if necessary.