Hip and Knee Implants | Surgical Mesh | IVC Filters | Defibrillators | Morcellators
The advances of modern science and medicine provide substantial benefits to many Americans, but others suffer injury or loss when medical devices malfunction. Unfortunately, some products are rushed to market without proper testing or evaluation of potential consequences, as companies seek to be the first to market.
If you or someone you love experiences detrimental side effects from a medical device, you want an experienced and proven lawyer to protect your rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Knowledgeable Medical-Device-Injury Attorneys in Texas and Arkansas
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with locations across the Lone Star State and in Arkansas, we have 40 years of experience handling a wide range of personal injury claims, including cases involving dangerous or defective medical devices. Long regarded as one of the premier consumer law firms in Texas, we know how to consistently get positive results for our clients. Over the past four decades, we have recovered more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements for personal injury victims.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have always placed a premium on the highest levels of customer service and attention. We help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so you can make informed decisions. We notify you immediately of any changes or developments in your case, as well your options and prospects for success, so you can do what’s best for you and your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions about Medical-Device-Injury Claims
What Should I Do If I’m Injured by a Defective or Dangerous Medical Device?
- Your primary concern, with any injury, should be your health and well-being. Work directly with a medical professional that you trust, and get a referral to someone who can accurately and quickly assess your condition and your medical needs. Take steps as soon as possible to remedy your situation. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of long-term injury and the greater the likelihood that your legal claim will be compromised.
- Hire an experienced personal injury lawyer at your earliest convenience. Your attorney will take steps to preserve all essential physical evidence and get witness statements. Your lawyer can also act as your advocate in all insurance matters.
- Keep a diary of anything related to the medical procedure or device that seems unusual. Take pictures of any visible injuries you believe were caused by the device or its implantation.
What Kinds of Medical-Device-Injury Claims Does Bailey & Galyen Take?
Bailey & Galyen handles all types of claims involving injuries caused by medical devices procedures to implant or remove medical devices, including but not limited to:
- Joint replacements, such as hip, knee, and shoulder replacement
- Any type of surgical mesh, including vaginal and hernia repair
- Intrauterine and other contraceptive devices
- Implanted defibrillators
- Power morcellators
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filters
What Types of Damages are Available in Medical-Device-Injury Claims?
When you suffer injury because of a faulty medical device, you can seek compensation for all your losses, such as:
- Lost wages, salary, or income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Unreimbursed or uninsured medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, meaning, or fulfillment
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me If I’m Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Medical Device?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have fought for the rights of thousands of personal injury victims over the past four decades, including people hurt by dangerous or defective medical devices. We understand how judges and juries operate, as well as the types of evidence that are most effective in medical device lawsuits. We know when to bring in expert witnesses to provide compelling evidence regarding liability and loss, and we can quickly determine the value of your claim, so you can make good decisions about whether to accept a settlement offer.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Results-Oriented Counsel in a Medical-Device-Injury Claim
When you or someone you love suffers needless injury because of a dangerous or defective medical device, you want aggressive and experienced attorneys to help you protect your rights. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. To schedule an appointment, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.
We handle all medical device injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
At Bailey & Galyen, we provide comprehensive legal counsel to individuals across Texas and Arkansas including Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fayetteville, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Little Rock, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana and Weatherford.