Here is the latest update on the Obama Executive. There are two new programs that he is offering that will affect the most people. He has expanded his deferred action program that he started in 2012. He is also allowing parents of U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Residents an opportunity for employment authorization and not being deported based on being illegal. I must emphasize that this is not legal permanent residency or citizenship. If one of the two following circumstances applies to you please contact my office immediately:
Expanded Deferred Action:
- You entered the United States before you 16th birthday and before January 1, 2010;
- You have no felonies or significant misdemeanors;
- Graduated or attending high school or completed a GED program;
- You were born before June 15, 1981.
Parents of U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Residents
- You entered the United States before January 1, 2010;
- You have been in the United States for at least 5 years;
- You have a U.S. citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident child; and
- You have no felonies or significant misdemeanors.
The Expanded Deferred Action is expected to begin at the end of February or March. Parents of U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident children are expected to begin in late May to June. Please come see me so I can determine your eligibility for these programs. It is a free initial consultation.