Falls from Heights, Including Ladders, Scaffolding, Cranes, Buckets. and Upper Construction Levels
In one of the most dangerous occupations in the world—high-rise construction—there’s one type of injury that accounts for nearly a third of all serious and catastrophic loss, as well as all fatal accidents—falls from heights. One of the recognized “fatal four” construction site accidents, falls from heights almost always involve some type of negligence, such as the absence of guard rails or other barriers, or the careless assembly or maintenance of equipment.
If you or someone you love suffers any type of injury because of a fall from a height on a construction project, you want an aggressive and experienced lawyer to protect your rights. You want the law offices of Bailey & Galyen.
Proven Construction-Site-Injury Lawyers in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we offer more than four decades of high-level experience to personal injury victims in Texas and across the country, including people who suffer loss because of a fall from a height on a construction site. We are known as one of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, with a well-earned reputation for obtaining positive results in personal injury lawsuits. Since we opened our firm, we have recovered more than $500 million in judgments and settlements for our personal injury clients.
We know from experience the impact a personal injury can have on every part of your life. We also recognize the importance of regular and thorough communication with your attorney. We take the time to carefully explain the law and the process, as well as your rights, so you know where you stand. We immediately apprise you of any changes or developments in your case, as well as your options and prospects for success, so you can make good decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Falls from Heights on a Construction Site
What Should I Do Immediately After a Fall on a Construction Project?
- Your first course of action should always be to seek full medical attention for your injuries. Most of the time, the smartest thing to do is stay exactly where you are until emergency medical technicians arrive and assess your condition. Get treatment as soon as possible, whether you travel to the hospital ER, an urgent care facility, or your doctor’s office. The longer you wait, the more risk you take. Your condition may deteriorate quickly, and you could compromise potential legal claims.
- Hire qualified legal counsel as soon as you can. Your attorney will gather and safeguard key evidence and promptly get witness statements. Your lawyer can also be your advocate with insurance providers.
- If you can, take the time to get contact information from anyone there at the time of your fall, including all potential witnesses. Take pictures of everything related to the accident, the scene of the fall, and your injuries, using your cellphone camera, if necessary.
What Losses Can I Recover After a Fall from a Height at a Construction Project?
As a general rule, when you’re hurt on the job, you can pursue benefits through the state workers’ compensation laws. Those payments cover lost wages and income, as well as all reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the accident.
In addition, if you can show that your accident was caused in some way by a person other than your employer or a co-worker, you can file a civil claim asking for:
- Wages, income, or salary
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, fulfillment, or pleasure
- Any unreimbursed medical expenses
- All property losses not covered by insurance
What Are the Most Common Causes of Falls from Heights on Construction Sites?
Falls from heights frequently occur on construction sites because of:
- The failure of owners and contractors to install or erect proper safety measures, such as guardrails or other barriers;
- Failure to maintain tools or equipment that require workers to be at elevated heights, such as ladders, scaffolding, cranes, harnesses, buckets, or similar devices; and
- Negligence in hiring, training, or supervising other workers on a construction site.
Why Should I Hire Bailey & Galyen After a Fall from a Height on a Construction Project?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to men and women across Texas who suffer any type of personal injury, including construction workers hurt in falls from heights. We know how to effectively prepare a personal injury claim, including the types of evidence that are most persuasive with a judge and jury. We know when to hire expert witnesses, including engineers, accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and financial-projection specialists, to help explain liability and loss at trial. We also have the experience to
quickly assess the value of your claim and help you decide whether to accept a settlement offer or proceed to trial.
Contact the Experienced Construction-Site-Accident Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen
When you or a loved one is hurt in a fall from a height at a construction site, you want proven legal counsel to help you get full and fair compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all construction-site-injury lawsuits on a contingency-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer effective counsel in construction-site-fall claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.