Dangerous and Defective Products| Design Defects | Manufacturing Defects | Failure to Warn or Provide Notice
When you purchase a product off the shelves or online, you expect that it’s been through substantial safety testing. Unfortunately, that’s often not true. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that nearly 30 million people are hurt every year by dangerous or defective products. The legal process for recovering damages in a product liability claim can be complex, so it’s essential that you rely on experienced and aggressive attorneys to help you get full and fair compensation for your losses. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Knowledgeable and Effective Advocacy in Product Injury Claims
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, with offices across the state of Texas, we have fought for the rights of injured people for more than four decades, consistently helping them recover meaningful compensation for their injuries and loss. Over the past 40+ years, we have collected more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements for people who have suffered needless injury because of the careless or negligent acts of others.
At Bailey & Galyen, all potential personal injury clients are entitled to a free initial consultation, including anyone who suffers loss because of a dangerous or defective product. To schedule an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call us at 844-402-2992.
Proven Product Liability Lawyers in Texas and Nationwide
We’ve built our successful practice and our longstanding reputation on a commitment to give every client 100% of our effort and attention. We know from vast experience that a personal injury changes everything. You may not be able to work and meet your financial obligations. You may require extensive medical care not covered by insurance. You may have to stop doing many of the things you love because of the persistent pain and discomfort.
At Bailey & Galyen, we understand the importance of communication. We’ll carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so you know what to expect. We’ll immediately inform you of any developments in your case, including your options and prospects for success, so you can make the right decisions for your future and your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions About Product Liability Claims
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Product?
- The first thing you should always do after any injury is get the medical attention you need. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that your injury will be aggravated and any legal claim will be compromised. Whether in a hospital emergency room, an urgent care facility, or your personal physician’s office, take the time to carefully explain to medical personnel exactly what happened. Make sure you discuss everything that seems out of the ordinary, not just the obvious injuries. Ask doctors and nurses to document everything in writing.
- As soon as possible, hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will know exactly what needs to be done to protect your legal interests, from preserving physical evidence and gathering witness statements to filing all necessary legal documents. Your attorney can also be your advocate with insurance companies, if necessary.
- If possible, take time at the scene of the accident to gather information and evidence. Get the names of anyone involved in the accident or who witnessed the events. Take pictures of everything, including your injuries, the product that caused the injury, and the surrounding circumstances.
What Types of Product Liability Claims Does Bailey & Galyen Take?
Our attorneys have extensive experience successfully litigating all types of product liability claims, including:
- Defective design cases—Allegations that designers failed to act reasonably and that the injuries suffered were the result of the careless design of a product. For example, a motor vehicle designed to be too top heavy can make it prone to rollovers.
- Defective manufacture—Carelessness in the assembly, fabrication, construction, or manufacture of a product, including use of substandard parts, failure to oversee the manufacturing process, or failure to include essential components.
- Defective marketing or failure to warn—The failure to include product warnings or notices of known or reasonably anticipated dangers that might result from use of the product, including nonconforming uses that could be reasonably anticipated.
Bailey & Galyen handles product liability claims involving all types of consumer products, including appliances, motor vehicles, toys, furniture, nursery products, and sports equipment.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for Product Liability Injuries?
In claims involving dangerous or defective products, you can seek compensation for all actual losses, including:
- Wages and income lost because of your injury
- Medical bills not paid for by insurance
- Your inability to take part in activities that you love or that gave meaning to your life before the accident
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Physical pain or suffering resulting from the accident
- Unreimbursed property damages
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Product Injury?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to every case we handle. We know the complexities involved in product liability claims and the frequent need for expert witnesses to carefully explain liability and loss to a jury. We understand the types of evidence that are most compelling to a judge and jury and when it’s in your best interests to pursue settlement instead of going to trial.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Results-Oriented Product Liability Attorney
When you or someone you love is hurt by a dangerous or defective product, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all product liability claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in product liability claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford