Construction Site Injuries Involving Product Liability Claims | Poorly Designed or Manufactured Tools, Machines, or Equipment
Commercial and residential construction sites are among the most dangerous work environments in the world, in large part because of the tools, machines, and equipment that are used. Cranes, ladders, scaffolding, nail guns, power saws, and drills all pose a risk of significant injury if poorly designed or manufactured. If you or someone you love is hurt on a construction project by a dangerous or defective product, Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Attorneys Handling Construction Site Product Liability Claims
At Bailey & Galyen, we have represented injured people across Texas for more than 40 years, including construction workers hurt on the job by dangerous and defective products. One of the largest consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, we have a hard-earned reputation for getting positive results in personal injury lawsuits. Over the last four decades, we have recovered more than $500 million for our clients.
We attribute much of our success to our longstanding commitment to strong communication and personal service. We carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we immediately notify you of all developments in your case. We help you assess your options and prospects for success, so you can make informed decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Site Accidents Involving Dangerous or Defective Products
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Product on a Construction Site?
- Before you do anything else, get the medical care you need. If your injuries are serious, or you have trauma to your head, neck, or back, the best thing you can do is stay where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive. They will know whether you can get up and move under your own power or need to go to the hospital by ambulance. Regardless, seek immediate medical care, whether at the hospital, an urgent care facility, or your personal physician’s office. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of complications, and the greater the likelihood that your legal claims will be affected.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will go to work immediately to preserve physical evidence and get witness statements. Your attorney can also help you deal with insurance companies.
- If you are physically able, take the time to get contact information from anyone present when the accident occurred. If you are not able to do so, ask a co-worker. Take pictures of everything related to the accident, including the dangerous or defective product and your injuries. Your cellphone camera is fine.
What Are the Different Types of Product Liability Claims That Arise on Construction Sites?
There are three common types of dangerous and defective product claims that Bailey & Galyen can pursue on your behalf
- Negligent design of a product—Failure to reasonably consider the potential dangers of a certain product configuration
- Negligent manufacture of a product—Use of substandard materials or failure to properly assemble, build, construct, or fabricate a product
- Negligent marketing—Failure to provide notice or warning of known risks associated with the product
What Kinds of Compensation Are Available If I’m Hurt by a Dangerous or Defective Product on a Construction Site?
In most instances, when you’re hurt on the job, you have a right to seek workers’ compensation benefits, which cover lost wages and income as well as the costs of reasonable and necessary medical treatment. If your injuries are caused by someone other than your employer or a co-worker, which is often the case in a dangerous or defective product claim, you may also be able to seek the following types of damages in a civil lawsuit:
- Lost wages and income
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life, or the ability to engage in ordinary activities or do things that brought you joy, satisfaction, or fulfillment before the accident
- Physical pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Any unreimbursed medical expenses
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Construction Site Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have protected the rights of personal injury victims across Texas for more than four decades, including construction workers hurt by dangerous or defective products. We have a comprehensive knowledge of the legal process related to personal injury claims, and we understand the types of evidence that are most persuasive with juries and when it’s time to bring in an expert witness. We know how different courts across the state of Texas evaluate personal injury claims, and we can quickly determine the value of your case, so you can make the right decisions about whether to accept a settlement offer.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Results-Oriented Construction-Site-Injury Lawyer
When you’re hurt on a construction project, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all construction-site-injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in product liability claims arising out of construction site accidents across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.