Bus Accidents | Taxi Crashes | Rideshare Collision Injuries | Subway, Light Rail, and Commuter Train Accidents | Charter Bus Wrecks
As a general rule, mass transit offers a much safer way to travel than personal vehicles do. However, there are still significant risks, with approximately 24,000 Americans visiting an emergency room every year just because of bus accidents. If you or someone you love is hurt on a commuter or charter bus, in a taxi or rideshare accident, or in a mishap involving a subway, light rail, or commuter train, the results-oriented attorneys at Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Attorneys Handling Mass Transportation Injury Claims
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices across the Lone Star State, we offer clients throughout Texas more than 40 years of personal injury experience. We have long been known and respected by colleagues and clients alike for our consistent ability to get positive results. Over the last 40 years, our personal injury attorneys have secured more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements in personal injury matters.
Comprehensive Counsel in Mass-Transit-Accident-Injury Cases
We will be at your side throughout the legal process, carefully gathering and preserving all relevant evidence, preparing and filing your complaint and other documents, and acting as your advocate in all hearings, proceedings, and meetings.We give 100% of our efforts to every case we take and are committed to the highest levels of personal service and attention. We understand the value of effective communication and the importance of being available when you need to talk with us. We will take the time to explain the law and process, as well as your rights, options, and likelihood of success, so that we can help you make informed decisions about your future. We’ll keep you up to date on all developments in your case, so that you always know where you stand.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mass Transit Accidents
What Should I Do in the Immediate Aftermath of a Mass Transit Accident?
- Your first course of action should always be to get the medical attention you need to address any serious injuries. Be sure to ask doctors to put everything in writing, and make certain you tell them about anything that feels out of the ordinary.
- Once you’ve received medical treatment, you should immediately contact and retain an experienced attorney in order to maximize your chances of recovering full and fair compensation for your losses. The longer you wait to hire legal counsel, the greater the risk that evidence will get lost or compromised or that witnesses will die, relocate, or forget important details.
- If possible, gather contact information from others involved in the crash, including mass transit employees and other passengers, so that your attorney can contact them and gather evidence. It’s also extremely helpful to take pictures of everything related to the accident, including weather and roadway conditions, damage to the mass transit vehicle, and injuries you or others suffered.
What Compensation Is Available for a Mass-Transit-Accident-Injury Claim?
At Bailey & Galyen, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you recover for a wide range of losses, including:
- lost wages, income, or salary;
- loss of companionship or consortium;
- loss of enjoyment of life, i.e. loss of the ability to do things that have brought joy, meaning, or value to your life;
- physical pain and suffering caused by the accident; and
- medical expenses incurred because of the accident that are not covered by insurance.
What Are the Most Frequent Causes of a Mass Transit Accident?
Bus, commuter train, taxi, rideshare, and light rail accidents result from a number of factors:
- operator error, carelessness, or recklessness, including speeding, failure to obey traffic signs or signals, and failure to obey traffic laws;
- driver fatigue;
- failure to properly inspect or maintain mass transit vehicles;
- driver impairment due to drugs or alcohol; and
- distracted driving.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Protect My Rights After a Mass Transit Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of personal injury experience to every case we take. We have protected the rights of personal injury victims across the state of Texas, so we know how courts respond to personal injury claims, the types of evidence that are most compelling, and when to use expert witnesses.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Mass-Transit-Accident Attorney
After a mass-transit-accident injury, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all mass-transit-injury lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in mass-transit-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford