Traumatic Brain Injury | Spinal Cord Trauma | Broken Bones | Burn Injuries | Paralysis | Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement | Amputation or Loss of Limb
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the state had more than 8,000 serious automobile accidents in 2018, resulting in more than 9,000 victims with serious and/or catastrophic injuries. But motor vehicle accidents are just one of many causes of serious or catastrophic injury. Work-related accidents, slip-and-falls, and dangerous or defective products also can lead to significant trauma. These claims can be complex, requiring expert testimony and the skills and knowledge of an experienced lawyer.
If you or someone you love suffers major trauma because of the careless or negligent acts of another person, you want a proven attorney to help you navigate the legal process, so that you can get full and fair compensation for your losses. That’s when you want to call Bailey & Galyen.
Proven Serious-or-Catastrophic-Injury Counsel—Texas and Nationwide
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than four decades of experience to personal injury victims across Texas, including those who suffer serious physical trauma or injury. With offices throughout the Lone Star State, we are one of the largest consumer law firms in Texas. We are known and respected by colleagues and clients for our long record of positive results. Over the last 40+ years, we have obtained over $500 million in verdicts and settlements for victims of personal injury. For a free initial consultation, contact us by e-mail or call our offices at 844-402-2992 to schedule an appointment.
Aggressive Advocacy for Victims of Serious and Catastrophic Loss
We place a premium on personal service and attention, striving to be available and accessible when you have questions or concerns. We treat every case as if it’s the only one we have, giving 100% of our efforts to help you accomplish your goals. We understand the importance of communication and will take the time to fully explain the law, the legal process, and your rights. We will immediately notify you of any developments in your case, your options for proceeding, and the likelihood each option will succeed, so you can make informed decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Serious and Catastrophic Loss
What Should I Do If I Believe I Have Sustained a Serious or Catastrophic Injury?
- In the immediate aftermath of any accident and injury, your first priority should be your safety and health. If you believe you have suffered serious injuries, the best thing you can do is remain immobile until emergency medical personnel arrive. They will be able to determine the extent of your injuries and ensure that you get the right care. Tell them about anything that feels out of the ordinary and ask them to document everything in writing. Be willing to travel to the hospital by ambulance, if necessary.
- After getting appropriate medical care, your next step should be to contact an experienced lawyer. Your attorney will move quickly to gather and safeguard all evidence, and can act as your liaison and advocate with insurance companies. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that witnesses will move away or die or evidence will be compromised or lost.
- Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the causes and circumstances of the accident, and you can help. Ask others to get contact information from anyone involved in the accident, as well as witnesses. Get pictures of everything related to the accident, including your injuries, any property damage, and environmental conditions at the scene of the accident.
What Types of Serious and Catastrophic Injuries Does Bailey and Galyen Handle?
We fight for the rights of people who suffer the following:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Concussions, contusions, whiplash injury, penetration injury, open or closed head injury
- Spinal cord injury – Nerve damage, nerve impingement, paralysis, paraplegia, tetraplegia, and quadriplegia
- Serious burn injuries – Fire and heat burns, chemical burns, and electrical burns
- Broken bones
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Amputation or loss of limb
What Types of Damages Can I Pursue for a Serious and CatastrophicInjury?
When you suffer great injury because of the negligence or carelessness of another person, Bailey & Galyen can help you recover monetary compensation for your losses, including:
- Physical pain or suffering caused by the accident
- Lost wages, salary, or other income
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to participate in activities that have brought you joy, meaning, or happiness
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
What Are the Common Causes of Serious and Traumatic Injury?
At Bailey & Galyen, we aggressively represent people who suffer significant trauma in the following types of accidents:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Car wrecks, commercial truck accidents, motorcycle crashes, mass transit accidents, light rail and commuter train crashes, bus and taxi collisions
- Slips and falls – Wet, snowy, or icy sidewalks, steps, floors, parking lots, and ramps, or falls caused by broken tile, torn carpet, or other dangerous flooring
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products – Consumer products, including motor vehicles, appliances, tools, toys, medical devices, or pharmaceutical products
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Serious and Catastrophic Accident?
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully litigated serious and catastrophic injury claims across Texas for more than four decades. We know how to carefully prepare these claims to maximize recovery. We understand how different judges and juries treat personal injury claim, as well as the types of evidence that are most compelling in serious and catastrophic injury cases. We have extensive experience working with expert witnesses, including accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, engineers, and financial-projection experts.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for a Proven Serious-or-Catastrophic-Injury Lawyer
When you or someone you love suffers a serious and catastrophic loss, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all serious and catastrophic accident lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in serious-or-catastrophic-injury claims across Texas and Arkansas including Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fayetteville, Fort Worth, Houston, Little Rock, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana and Weatherford.