Field-Safety Violations | Negligence in Following Safety Precautions | OSHA Violations
Oil and gas exploration is one of the most dangerous occupations in the world, with concerns about falls, explosions, fires, falling objects, and exposure to toxic substances or hazardous materials. Because of the inherent dangers in the industry, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has formulated and put in place very specific measures requiring oil and gas operators to take certain steps to reduce the risk of injury. Often, though, in the quest to maximize production, safety gets shortchanged, ignored, or forgotten.
If you or a loved one suffers needless injury while working in an oil field because of inattention to or disregard of safety precautions, you want a proven lawyer to protect your rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Results-Oriented Oil-and-Gas-Field-Injury Attorneys
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have protected the rights of injured people throughout Texas for more than four decades, including oil and gas field workers hurt because of safety violations. Long regarded as one of the premier consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, we are known for getting good results for our clients. Over the past 40 years, we have recovered more than $500 million in personal injury settlements and judgments.
Frequently Asked Questions About Oil-and-Gas-Field Accidents
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt at an Oil Field Because of a Failure to Follow Safety Precautions?
- After any type of personal injury, you should always give your immediate attention to your health and well-being. In most situations, the best thing you can do is stay where you are until emergency medical professionals arrive. Even if your injuries seem minor, get medical attention as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of complications or of your legal claims being negatively affected.
- Once you’re treated by competent medical professionals, hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will move quickly to solidify your claims, protecting physical evidence and getting witness statements or contact information. Your attorney can also help you secure benefits from your insurance provider.
- If possible, identify who was present at the time of the accident and get contact information, so that your lawyer can follow up. Take pictures of everything, including any safety violations, your injuries, and the conditions at the oil field.
What Kinds of Compensation Are Available After an Oil or Gas Field Injury?
When you’re hurt at an oil or gas field because of a violation of safety protocols, you have the right to pursue workers’ compensation, which covers lost wages, as well as reasonable and necessary medical expenses. In addition, if the injury was caused, in whole or in part, by someone other than your employer or a coworker, you can bring a personal injury lawsuit in court, seeking damages for:
- Lost wages and income
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
You cannot, however, recover twice for the same loss. For example, if your medical bills are paid by workers’ compensation, you cannot recover them again in a personal injury lawsuit.
Common Injuries in Oil and Gas Fields Caused by Violation of Safety Standards
There are many ways an owner or operator of a gas or oil field can cause injury because of failure to follow safety guidelines:
- Failing to install guardrails for workers at heights
- Ignoring regulations governing the amount of exposure to toxic substances or hazardous materials
- Failing to follow regulations that minimize or reduce the risk of fires or explosions
- Failing to monitor and maintain the jobsite to prevent trips and falls over debris or other materials
- Failing to monitor and regulate traffic in and out of an oil field, leading to a motor vehicle accident
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After an Oil or Gas Field Accident?
Because of our vast experience, we know the ways that a personal injury can change your life. We understand the uncertainty that comes with an injury. We work hard to be available and accessible when you need to talk with us. We will take the time to explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so that you always know what to expect. We’ll promptly notify you of all changes or developments in your case, and help you understand your options, as well as your chances for success, so that you can make the right decisions about how to move forward.
At Bailey & Galyen, we have fought for the rights of injured people across Texas for more than 40 years. We understand the unique complications involved in claims involving failure to follow oil field safety regulations. We know how to prepare these types of claims, the kinds of evidence that most effectively persuade judges and juries, and when to bring in expert witnesses to provide compelling arguments for your full financial recovery.
Contact Bailey & Galyen When You’re Hurt in an Oil or Gas Field Accident
When you’re injured at an oil field because of an owner or operator’s failure to follow safety precautions, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. Let Bailey & Galyen be your advocate. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
To schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation, call 844-402-2992 or contact us online. Our phones are answered 24/7. Evening and weekend meetings can be arranged upon request. Se habla español.
We offer proven counsel in oil-and-gas-field-safety-violation claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.