Car and Truck Wrecks at Texas Oil and Gas Drilling Sites
Did you know that one of every three work-related injuries and fatalities at an oil field is caused by a motor vehicle accident? In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that oil and gas workers are ten times as likely to be killed or seriously injured in a work-related motor vehicle crash than the average American worker.
If you or someone you love suffers any type of injury in a car or truck accident at an oil or gas drilling operation, you want proven personal injury counsel to help you get full and fair compensation for all your losses. You want the law offices of Bailey & Galyen.
Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we have protected the rights of personal injury victims in Texas and nationwide for more than 40 years, including people hurt in motor vehicle accidents at oil and gas fields. We are one of the largest consumer law firms in the Lone Star State, known for our longstanding record of obtaining positive results. Over the past four decades, we have recovered in excess of $500 million in settlements and verdicts for our personal injury clients.
At Bailey & Galyen, we know from experience that a personal injury changes everything. You may be unable to work or may need extensive medical care. You may have chronic pain and suffering to the extent that you have to give up many activities you enjoyed before the accident.
We will take the time to get to know you, learn the details of your accident, and determine what you need to fully recover for your losses. We will explain the law and the process, as well as your legal rights, so that you have a good sense of what to expect throughout the process. We’ll immediately apprise you of all changes or developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so that you can make good decisions about your future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Oil and Gas Field Motor Vehicle Accidents
What Should I Do Immediately After an Oil Field Car or Truck Accident?
- Before worrying about your legal rights, make certain you do everything possible to protect your health and well-being. Often, after a motor vehicle accident, the best thing you can do is stay where you are until emergency medical personnel arrive and determine the nature and extent of your injuries. Even if you can get up and move about without difficulty, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible, whether at the hospital, an urgent care facility, or your doctor’s office. Don’t delay, your condition could get worse and you could jeopardize any legal claims you might have.
- Hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will take the right steps to protect your legal interests, moving quickly to gather and preserve key physical evidence and secure witness statements. Your attorney can also be your advocate with insurance companies.
- If you can, get contact information from anyone involved in or witnessing the accident. Take pictures of everything (your cellphone camera is fine), including vehicle damage, your injuries, the roadway conditions, and the weather at the time of the accident.
What Losses Can I Recover After an Oil or Gas Field Motor Vehicle Wreck?
If the injury occurs during the course of your employment, you can pursue workers’ compensation benefits, which cover lost wages, as well as reasonable and necessary medical expenses. If the accident was caused by an unrelated third party(someone other than your employer or a coworker), you can also file a personal injury lawsuit in court, seeking damages for
- Lost wages, income, or salary
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of the ability to engage in activities that bring you joy, fulfillment, or pleasure
- Any unreimbursed medical expenses
- All property losses not covered by insurance
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Oil-and-gas-field car and truck accidents are caused by a number of factors:
- Distracted driving—The driver causing the accident isn’t paying attention to the roadway at the time of the crash. They may be looking at a handheld device, adjusting the stereo, eating or drinking something, talking to passengers, or looking at a roadside attraction.
- Drunk driving—Nearly half the motor vehicle accidents in the United States involve the use of alcohol or controlled substances by one of the parties.
- Violation of traffic safety laws—Speeding, failure to use due caution, illegal turns, or improper lane changes
- Aggressive driving
Why Should I Hire Bailey & Galyen After an Oil or Gas Field Motor Vehicle Accident?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have aggressively fought for the rights of personal injury victims in Texas for decades. We understand the causes and consequences of motor vehicle accidents and how to prepare these claims to maximize your financial recovery. We know when to consult with and call on expert witnesses, such as engineers, accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and financial projections specialists, to explain loss and liability. We also understand how the different courts and juries across Texas view personal injury claims, as well as what evidence is most compelling in court.
Contact the Proven Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen
When you or a loved one is hurt in car or truck accident at a Texas oil or gas field, Bailey & Galyen has the skill, knowledge, experience, and resources to help you get full and fair compensation for all your losses. We handle all oil-or-gas-field motor vehicle accidents on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer effective counsel in oil-and-gas-field motor-vehicle-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.