Injury or Loss Caused by Oil Field Owner/Operator Carelessness or Misconduct
An oil or gas field is an inherently dangerous place, posing serious risk of injury to workers and others. Owners and operators involved in drilling and other exploration have a duty to use reasonable care in all their actions in order to minimize the risk of injury. Unfortunately, too many owners and operators prioritize production over safety, failing to meet the reasonably expected standard of care. When such negligence causes injury, hurt workers may have a legal claim based on negligence.
If you or someone you love is hurt at an oil and gas field because of the wrongful or careless acts of an employer or coworker, you want an experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled personal injury lawyer to protect your rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Proven Oil-and-Gas-Field-Negligence Attorneys in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than 40 years of experience to people across the Lone Star State who suffer needless injury because of someone else’s carelessness or inattention, including men and women injured in oil and gas exploration operations. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we have a longstanding reputation for consistently getting positive results for our clients. Over the past four decades, we have recovered personal injury verdicts and settlements in excess of $500 million.
At Bailey & Galyen, we built our practice on a commitment to offer the same high level of customer service and attention to every client. We know the stress and anxiety that an accident can cause and the importance of regular and clear communication with your attorney. We work hard to be available and accessible when you have questions or concerns, and we will respond to your calls, text messages, and emails in a timely manner.
We will help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so that you know where you stand and what to expect. We will immediately notify you of any developments in your case and help you understand your options and prospects for success, so you can make informed decisions about how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Oil and Gas Field Negligence
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt as a Result of Negligence at an Oil or Gas Field?
- Always give immediate attention to your health and well-being. It’s no time to be a hero—acknowledge that you’re hurt and let others tend to you, if necessary. In most instances, the best course of action is to remain where you are until emergency medical technicians arrive (if you can do so and stay safe). They will know what you need. Even if you can get up and leave the scene under your own power, get medical attention as soon as possible, so that you minimize the risk of complications or of compromising your legal claims.
- As soon as possible, hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will take immediate steps to gather and preserve physical evidence and to get witness statements or contact information. Your attorney can also be your liaison with insurance companies.
- If possible, get the names and contact information of anyone involved in or witnessing the accident, so that your lawyer can follow up with them. Take pictures of anything related to the accident, from your injuries to any damage to physical property or equipment.
What Damages Can I Recover as a Result of Oil or Gas Field Negligence?
If you’re hurt on the job in Texas, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim, which will provide you with benefits to cover lost wages, as well as any reasonable and necessary medical expenses. In addition, if your injuries are caused by someone other than your employer or a coworker, you can simultaneously file a personal injury lawsuit, seeking damages for
- Lost wages, salary, or income
- Any medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Any property damage not covered by insurance
- The inability to engage in activities that brought you happiness, comfort, joy, fulfillment, or pleasure before the accident
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium
What Must I Show to Recover Compensation for Negligence at an Oil or Gas Field?
There are three requirements to recover compensation for negligence:
- You must show that the defendant (person from whom you are seeking damages) acted or behaved unreasonably under the circumstances—Under the laws of negligence, all persons in society have a duty, in all their actions, to engage in reasonable behavior. When they fail to do so, they breach the expected “standard of care.” Whether specific actions were reasonable is determined by a jury.
- You must show that the failure to behave reasonably caused an accident—Two types of causation must be proved: “actual” cause and “proximate” cause. Actual cause means that the accident would not have occurred “but for” the defendant’s failure to act reasonably. Proximate cause means that the accident and its consequences were reasonably foreseeable as a result of the breach of the standard of care.
- You must show “actual” losses.
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me with an Oil-and-Gas-Field-Negligence Claim?
Over the past 40+ years, we have successfully represented personal injury victims in courts throughout Texas and in other jurisdictions. We have the skill, knowledge, experience, and resources to handle complex and challenging personal injury claims, including oil-and-gas-field-injury cases. We know how to effectively prepare these cases—we know the types of evidence that are most compelling, as well as the different ways judges and juries across the state view personal injury claims. We know when to bring in expert witness testimony, and we have a network of professionals we use to help present the strongest case for your full financial recovery.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
When you or a loved one is hurt because of negligence at an oil or gas field, you need an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. Bailey & Galyen can help. We handle all oil-and-gas-field-injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in oil and gas field negligence claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.