Texas Nursing-Home-Neglect Attorneys
Failure to Monitor Residents | Failure to Restrain | Bedsores | Malnutrition and Dehydration | Medication Errors
When you place a beloved family member in assisted living or nursing home care, you hope that they’ll get attentive and compassionate care and live out their days with minimal discomfort, stress, or difficulty. Unfortunately, because assisted living and nursing home facilities have become more concerned about turning a profit than providing quality care, abuse and neglect are far too common. If your loved one is mistreated or subjected to abuse or neglect at the hands of a nursing home or assisted living facility, Bailey & Galyen can help.
Aggressive and Compassionate Nursing-Home-Abuse Lawyers
At Bailey & Galyen, with offices throughout Texas, we bring more than 40 years of experience to injured people throughout the Lone Star State and across the country. One of the largest consumer law firms in the state, we have a longstanding reputation for recovering substantial judgments and verdicts for our clients. Since we opened our practice, we have collected more than $500 million for personal injury victims, including those harmed by nursing home neglect and abuse.
We provide a complimentary initial consultation in all cases involving allegations of nursing home neglect or abuse. To schedule an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call our offices at 844-402-2992.
Turn to Bailey & Galyen for Proven Counsel in Nursing-Home-Neglect Claims
At Bailey & Galyen, we know from experience that every claim is different. We’ll take the time to learn the details of your case, as well as what you need to be fully compensated for your losses. We built our practice and our reputation on a commitment to provide the highest levels of personal service and attention, always giving 100% of our efforts to every case we take. We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, and we’ll promptly inform you of all developments in your case, including your options and prospects for success, so you can make good decisions about how to proceed.
We will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, visiting the nursing home if necessary, to gather all relevant evidence. Our attorneys will prepare and file all documents required throughout the legal process and will aggressively advocate for you in all hearings, proceedings, and meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nursing-Home-Neglectand-Abuse Claims
What Should I Do When My Loved One Is the Victim of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse?
- Your first concern should always be the health and well-being of your loved one. If necessary, have them taken to the emergency room at a local hospital. Ask medical professionals to conduct a thorough physical examination, so that all potential medical conditions can be diagnosed and treated.
- Once you know your loved one has received proper medical care, contact an experienced nursing home neglect lawyer. Your attorney will take immediate steps to gather and preserve evidence to support your claim. Your lawyer can also be an advocate for you with insurance providers, so that your loved one gets all necessary and covered care.
- Get contact information from anyone at the nursing home or assisted living facility who knows anything about your loved one’s care. That includes nursing home personnel and residents or others who may be witnesses. You can also take pictures of anything related to a potential claim, including any visible injuries suffered by your loved one, as well as the state of their living space at the time of the neglect or abuse.
What Are Different Types of Nursing-Home-Neglect-and-Abuse Claims?
Nursing home neglect and abuse claims take a wide range of forms, including:
- Failure to monitor residents or patients, leading to falls or other types of injuries
- Failure to properly restrain bedridden or wheelchair-bound residents, causing them to fall on the floor
- Failure to rotate or move bedbound patients, leading to bedsores (also known as decubitus ulcers)
- Medication errors—giving residents the wrong medication or wrong dosage, or giving medications at the wrong time
- Dehydration or malnutrition—failing to ensure that residents receive proper hydration and nutrition
- Intentional physical, emotional, mental, or sexual abuse
What Damages Are Available in a Nursing-Home-Neglect-and-Abuse Claim?
You have a right to hold nursing homes and nursing home operators responsible for all losses suffered by your loved one, including:
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Physical pain and suffering caused by an injury
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help When a Loved One Is the Victim of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse?
At Bailey & Galyen, we bring more than four decades of experience to victims of nursing home neglect and abuse. We know how to effectively prepare these claims, including when to bring in expert witnesses and what types of evidence are most compelling. We’ve handled claims in courts across Texas, and we know how courts handle personal injury claims in different corners of the Lone Star State.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Proven Counsel in Nursing-HomeNegligence Claims
When your loved one is mistreated in a nursing home or assisted living facility, you want an experienced lawyer to help you get full and fair compensation. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We take all nursing-home-neglect-and-abuse lawsuits on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in nursing-home-neglect-and-abuse claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.