Wet and Slippery Floors | Broken Steps or Stairways | Dangerous or Defective Flooring | Cracked Pavement on Steps, Sidewalks, Driveways, Parking Lots, and Walkways
In Texas, as in every state, the owners and persons having control of residential and commercial premises have a legal duty to monitor and maintain the property in ways that minimize the risk of injury to legal visitors. Unfortunately, many property owners don’t pay attention or ignore dangerous situations when they arise. That’s why slips and falls result in nearly 10 million emergency room visits across the country every year.
If you or someone you love is hurt in a slip, trip, or fall on residential or commercial property, you want an aggressive and experienced lawyer to fight for your rights. Bailey & Galyen can help.
Experienced Slip-and-Fall Attorneys in Texas
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented slip and fall victims across the Lone Star State for more than four decades. One of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we are known and respected for our proven record of obtaining positive results for our clients. Over the last 40 years, we have recovered more than $500 million in judgments and settlements for victims of personal injury.
Proven Counsel When You’re Hurt in a Fall
At Bailey & Galyen, we have seen the devasting impact a personal injury can have. We know the anxiety and stress you can feel when your future hangs in the balance. We’ve built our successful practice on hard work, communication, and a commitment to providing the highest levels of personal service and attention to every client. We know that every claim is unique, so we’ll take the time to get to know you and to find out what happened and what you need to get your life back. We will help you understand the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so you know what to expect. We’ll immediately notify you of any changes or developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success, so you can make the right decisions for your future and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip-and-Fall Accidents
What Should I Do Immediately After a Slip, Trip, or Fall?
- Always give priority to your health and medical needs. If possible, don’t move after your accident, but wait until emergency medical professionals arrive. They’ll know if you can get up and move under your own power or need to travel to the hospital in an ambulance. Regardless, seek immediate medical attention, whether in a hospital emergency room, an urgent care facility, or your personal physician’s office. Be sure to tell doctors and nurses about anything that is causing discomfort, and ask them to document everything in writing.
- Once you’re properly treated by medical professionals, hire an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will take immediate action to protect your legal rights, identifying and protecting critical evidence, as well as eyewitness testimony. Your attorney can also be your liaison with insurers, helping you maximize the benefits you receive.
- If you are able to move under your own power, take the time to get contact information from anyone involved in the accident, such as the owner of the property and any potential witnesses. It’s also helpful to take pictures of everything, from the scene of the slip-and-fall to the injuries you’ve suffered.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip-and-Fall Accidents?
Slips, trips, and falls typically result from the failure of owners, property managers, or others with control over property to actively monitor and respond to potential dangers:
- Water, oil, food, or other slippery substances on floors, steps, stairways, or other thoroughfares
- Dangerous or defective flooring, such as broken tile or wood floors, or torn carpet or linoleum
- Broken steps or stairways
- Cracked pavement or asphalt on sidewalks, exterior steps or porches, driveways, parking lots, and parking ramps
- Slippery surfaces due to inclement weather, such as ice, snow, sleet, or rain
What Damages Can I Collect After a Slip-and-Fall Injury?
With proof of negligence, you can recover compensation for:
- Lost wages or income
- Loss of physical companionship or consortium due to your injuries
- Physical pain, suffering or discomfort related to your injury
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the things that have brought you meaning, fulfillment, and happiness in the past
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Property losses not covered by insurance
How Will Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Slip-and-Fall?
At Bailey & Galyen, we have successfully represented personal injury victims throughout Texas for decades, so we understand the unique aspects of slip-and-fall claims and how to effectively prepare a claim to maximize financial recovery. We also understand how courts and juries across Texas view personal injury claims, as well as what evidence is most compelling in court. We know when calling expert witnesses will help a jury understand the causes and consequences of your accident.
Contact the Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys at Bailey & Galyen
When you or a loved one suffers needless injury on residential or commercial property, you want proven legal counsel to help you get full and fair compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation. We handle all slip, trip, and fall claims on a contingency basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer effective counsel in slip, trip and fall claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.