Texas Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
Diving-Board Accidents | Slips and Falls | Drownings and NearDrownings | Injuries on Swimming Pool Slides
Studies show that, on average, nearly 7,000 people seek medical treatment each year for swimming pool injuries. More than 2,000 children under the age of 5 end up in an emergency room every year because of a submersion injury. Furthermore, more than half of those who go to the hospital because of a swimming pool injury require hospitalization. While there’s always the risk of a fatal drowning, non-fatal swimming pool injuries can be serious and catastrophic as well, leading to brain damage and other long-term health problems.
If you or someone you love is hurt in a swimming pool accident, you want an aggressive and results-oriented lawyer to help you pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries. You want Bailey & Galyen.
Proven Swimming-Pool-Accident Attorneys
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we have fought for the rights of personal injury victims in Texas and nationwide for more than four decades, including people hurt in swimming pool mishaps. Long recognized as one of the largest consumer law firms in Texas, we are known throughout the Lone Star State for our consistent ability to get full and fair compensation for our clients. Over the last 40 years, we have recovered verdicts and settlements in excess of $500 million for our personal injury clients.
The Bailey & Galyen 100% Commitment
We built our firm and our reputation on a simple approach—to give 100% to every case and every client. We’ll carefully gather, evaluate and preserve all evidence to support your claim, and we’ll prepare and file all necessary documents required during the legal process. We’ll also be your voice in all meetings, hearings, and proceedings.
We understand the stress and anxiety you can feel after a personal injury, when everything seems up in the air. We also know how important it can be to get timely answers from your attorney. We strive to be there when you have questions or just need to talk.
We will carefully explain the law and the legal process, as well as your rights, so that you know what to expect. We’ll also notify you of all developments in your case, and work closely with you to assess your options, as well as your chances of success, so that you can make the right decisions moving forward.
Frequently Asked Questions about Swimming Pool Accidents
What Should I Do If Someone I Love Is Hurt in a Swimming Pool Accident?
- Many swimming pool accidents have potentially serious consequences. Your first priority should be to get immediate medical attention. The sooner you seek medical care, the more options you’ll have and the lower your risk of complications. If possible, wait until emergency medical personnel arrive. They are trained to know exactly what to do. Make certain they know what happened, and ask them to document everything in writing.
- Once you’ve secured proper medical treatment, contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will take swift action to protect all physical evidence of the causes of the accident and to obtain statements from key witnesses. Your attorney can also be your advocate with uncooperative insurance providers.
- While still at the scene, gather contact information from all potential witnesses and other parties, including employees of the pool facility. Take pictures of everything using your cellphone camera.
What Damages Can I Pursue After a Swimming Pool Accident?
Upon a showing of negligence, you have a right to seek compensation for
- Lost income, salary, or other wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life—the ability to engage in activities that have brought meaning or satisfaction in the past
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Any unreimbursed medical expenses, including rehab, physical therapy, and the costs of retrofitting your home or vehicle to accommodate your injury
- Physical pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Property losses
At Bailey & Galyen, we represent people who suffer any type of injury in a swimming pool accident, from soft-tissue trauma to serious and catastrophic injury, such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones, paralysis, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and amputation or loss of limb. We also handle wrongful death claims.
What Are Common Types of Swimming Pool Accidents?
There are a number of ways people suffer significant injury at or near a swimming pool:
- Slips and falls on tile or equipment, such as diving boards, ladders, or slides
- Diving accidents, including injuries to divers or persons in the water hit by divers
- Drownings or near-drownings stemming from a variety of causes, including overcrowding, malfunctioning pool equipment, or negligence in monitoring swimmers
How Can Bailey & Galyen Help Me After a Swimming Pool Accident?
The personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen have successfully represented injured people across Texas for more than 40 years. We have a comprehensive understanding of how personal injury claims are handled in Texas, and how courts in different parts of the state treat personal injury claims. We know how to prepare an effective personal injury claim, when to bring in expert testimony, and what types of evidence juries find most compelling. We can quickly determine the value of your claim and help ensure that you get full and fair compensation.
Contact Bailey & Galyen for Experienced Representation After a Swimming Pool Accident
When you or someone you love is hurt in a swimming pool accident, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your rights, someone who recognizes the unique factors of such a claim. The proven personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Galyen offer a free initial consultation to every prospective client. We handle all swimming pool injury claims on a contingent-fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we get compensation for your losses.
We offer proven counsel in swimming-pool-accident claims across Texas, with offices in Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Houston, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midland/Odessa, Plano, Texarkana, and Weatherford.